Part Forty Eight - New York life

Chapter Forty Eight

Aaron, laid on the sofa, his eyes alternately squeezed shut and open and staring at the image on his phone screen. The one thing that was constant was the sound, Julia's whimpers and moans travelling reluctantly from her mouth to his ear...and then through his body like a bolt of electricity. They might be opposite sides of the country, almost three thousand miles apart, but it felt like he was there, lying next to her. He couldn't feel her, but the touches, the sounds, the emotions. It was all real. SO real.

She was following his command, running that finger vibrator all over her chest, and it was having intense results. On both of them. Julia was moaning in his ear, and he could hear the low hum of said vibrator too. It was all far too fucking intense.

He didn't know how far to push her, but then he wasn't sure who long he'd survive this himself. AS he closed his eyes and talked her through all that he wanted, his hand was surrounding himself and it was almost poetic and choreographer as they hit their peak together.

Puffing as he tried to regain control of his body he knew he needed to reach out to her, he couldn't let her feel bad about this.

"Shit, Jules. You made me lose control like a bloody teenager. You OK?" When a moan was her only response, he couldn't believe the reaction of his body. "I'll take that as a yes. It sounded pretty amazing."

He wished he could see her as she replied, "so did you!"

There was that hint of sassiness that he hadn't seen since they'd started this. He wanted her to be relaxed, to fully accept everything that was happening.

"Yep, I'm not too big headed to admit that I saw stars."

That made her chuckle, "and that's a good thing."

"A fucking GREAT thing. Wow...."

"I know, that silver thing...." He could hear confidence in her voice, which turned him, on, but she also sounded exhausted, "there's plenty of time to try it again. Are you curled up in bed? Duvet on?"

"Yup, I'm very tired."

So was he, "deservedly so. GO to sleep now, OK? I'll be awake and texting you all day tomorrow. OK?"

Julia yawned, "really? You're behind us, time...."

He laughed at her inability to structure a sentence, "and if I want to get home this weekend then I have to get my arse into gear. Before you complain, I have loved this phone call, I have MORE than loved talking to you," he dropped his voice to a whisper, "and the rest, of course."

"I'm glad...." she offered drowsily in her satiated state.

He was still smiling at that, it was a great thought, "sleep well, and maybe tomorrow you can investigate the other box?"

With a huff she hung up and that made him laugh.

True to his word, Aaron messaged her frequently, he was funny, flirty but always friendly. And she felt far more relaxed about everything that had happened the last few days after that. Work was hectic, and the weekend approached with Aaron telling her there was no chance of him making it back, which made her sad, which was as confusing as anything.

Thursday she spent the evening mainly in the bath, talking to Abi on the phone. And Friday she was speaking at Columbia History Department to a lecture theatre filled with post grad history students. She'd never minded speaking to large groups, but had never one it as much as she had since being in the States, and she was beginning to really enjoy it. That day was no different. And post grad students were some of the way towards sharing her passion, so there were always lots of relevant and interesting questions. She was yet to be truly flummoxed, but she had to think outside the box. There was nothing like being mentally challenged.