Chapter 14

I stop instantly in my tracks. The hallway falls completely silent. It feels like the whole world as froze. I can't move a bone in my body. The hair on my neck stands out. Goose bumps cover my body. Her words 'I'm pregnant' echo inside of my head.

My breathing gets heavier as tears trickle down my cheeks. I can't think properly. I don't want to be here. I use all of my strength and every bone in my body to run out of the building and into my car without looking back. Not bothering to put on my seat belt and turns on the engine and drive. More tears shed from both of my eyes they rave down my cheeks to see which one can land on my lap first.

How can this happen to me? How is she pregnant I used a condom last night but surely she can get pregnant that quick can she? Saying that all of the other times we had sex, we didn't always use a condom. What the hell was I thinking? Damn! I should have used a stupid condom! Look where it's got me! Well I guess this does explain why she wanted us to get married.

I just can't handle this! Why? Why did this have to happen to me! What did I ever do to deserve this? I can't do this! I can't be a dad I can't be a husband I'm just not cut out for this! What will my parents think? They will kill me! I can't face them not right now.

I don't drive home I can't! I just have to avoid my parents. I just can't believe this! Why did I have to be so stupid! I'm such an idiot!

I drive and drive for miles not knowing where I'm going. I don't care where I go I just need to get away from all of this! Why can't my world just end!

It hits me! I know what I have to do! I drive for hours and hours to the unknown perfect place. The street is empty and silent. The street lights are dim and the sky is a black canvas. 

 I drive down the street and then back to the top. I pull the exhilarator and put my foot down on the pedal. I pull back and drive at top speed. My hands are gripped firmly on the wheel. The car zooms down the street. It speeds over the hill and I let go of the wheel as it's about to crash into the building.

"Bye cruel world," I whisper as the car glides into the building.

My head bangs off the dash board and then bounces off the head of the seat. The front window smashes into smithereens on top of me. The car alarm rings like mad. People gather from out of the building. They are hysterical.

I look up. My head aches painfully. The lights of the front of the car blind my eyes. The air bag blows up making me bang my head on the back of the seat, I black out. Only for a few short seconds, everything is spinning and slightly blurry.

"I'm not dead! Why?" I sob into my hands.

There is blood stained into my hands. I think it's from my head. I don't care.

I get out of my car. My side is killing me. I'm aching all over. The people flooding the streets stare at me weirdly. I can't be bothered with them so I shoot them the finger. Walking my now damaged car I realize my car is ruined. The bumper is well there is no bumper left. My engine is on show which by the looks of it is leaking. Which has to be bad news right?

"Run this thing is going to blow," I shout hurting my throat.

The people around me run like mad. I just hop as my ankle is broken or at least fractured. I manage to move in time. My car lifts into the air from combustion and blows up like dynamite. The impact damages several buildings. The car slams down into the ground right in front of my eyes.

No one gets hurt luckily.

My car is completely ruined there isn't much left of it just the frame.

Damn I'm in so much trouble when my parents find out. This is going to cost a fortune. The thing I don't get is that why didn't I die? Did I just cheat death? What the fuck am I thinking? Cheating death and that shit! It must be the head injury talking.