Chapter 20

She isn't coming.

I guess I'm all by myself, I'm going alone. Feeling exhausted with tiredness I slowly make my way back to the car, escaping the cold. I need a nap, or a good twelve hour sleep or something.

Driving around the streets for a little while I come across an almost hidden cafe. If it wasn't the only thing lighting up the street I would have drove right by. Inside there is only a handful of people. I decide to take the seat closest to the window. Trying to keep myself awake I stare at the builings that the cafe light reflects on.

"Would you like anything?" An older woman asks.

She's wearing a faded yellow apron, in her fragile hands she holds a little notepad and pencil. Her grey tinted brown  hair is slacked back in a ponytail. She looks old with tiredness.

"Just a cup of coffee please," I answer her.

"Sure darling, black or normal?" She smiles, her tone is the only energetic thing in here.

"Normal." I respond, she nods and retrieves to the counter.

Moments later she comes back with a fresh cup of coffee, the rough smell instantly wakes me up. I thank her before sipping at my coffee. My thoughts drown in my sorrow. She stood me up!

The more coffee I drink the better I begin to feel. Once finished I stand leaving a five pound note on the table, and then I leave.

Its almost pitch black on the streets, the emptiness on being the only person out is deafening.  Luckily a dim street light hovers above my car, getting inside I feel the tiredness once more daunting on me, despite the caffeine I've just drunk.

I decide not to drive straight away, instead I just sit back and try to clear my head. I need to figure out the first steps of my journey, most important I need a place to stay tonight.

I switch on the engine and begin to drive around again. At the end of the street, on the corner around from the cafe stands a hotel. I park my car for the night and make my way inside.

It is big and full of happy mood changing colours. The furniture is modern and very different. I walk up to the front counter to be greeted by a young female receptionist. She smiles at me.

"What can I help you with Sir?" Her voice is perky like her chest.

"A hotel room for the night please," I respond already imagining being asleep on a nice bed.

"How many rooms would you like, one or two?" She asks whilst staring at a monitor.

"One, why would I need two?" I ask, is it standard to ask?

I feel a gentle tap on my shoulder, I turn around to find Bella grinning at me, her backpack bulging at the seams on her shoulder. I am speechless.

We both drop our bags and wrapping my arms around her I lift her into the air. She holds onto me as I kiss her. Her lips against mine feel sweet and tender. I can feel her grin. As I pull away I bring her down so her feet are touching the ground again.

I turn back to the lady at the counter, she now looks rather repulsed and very impatient.

"Two rooms please," I manage to breathe.

"No! Make that one room." Bella interupta grasping my hand. I look at her as she grins up at me.

"Yeah one room please," I confirm.

The woman types something into the machine and then hands us a key "Room 234, on the fifth floor, you can take the elevator or the stairs, would you like to pay now of when you leave?" She asks.