Chapter 16

"No you can't give in! Just try please try and save him he can't be dead he just can't be!" I plead with tears running from my eyes like long lost rivers.

"I'm sorry kid there is nothing we can do," The doctor says.

He leaves the room with the rest of the staff leaving me and my dad alone. I observe him. He as white and chalk, his body is completely still, no breathe no blood circulating, nothing.

What will my mom say? I don't think she will be able to deal with this, I don't even think I can deal with this. Looking at my dad a little longer a huge cloud of regret hangs over me! It's as if I have two little figures either side of my shoulder; the angel and the devil.

"Look what you did Ethan! You killed him it's all your fault!" The devil whispers.

"No Ethan don't listen to him! It's not your fault it's just nature and it was his time god needed him to be one of his angels! He isn't gone he will be watching you every time of your life," The angel reassures.

I shake my head to get rid of these crazy thoughts. I have to ring mom. I get out my phone and dial her number. It just rings and rings until finally she picks up.

"Hello mom," I say

"Ethan are you okay? What's wrong? Has something happened to your dad?"

"Mom he's gone! He gone forever," I sob.

"Ethan what are you talking about?"

"Its dad, he's dead!" I sob.

She doesn't reply but she doesn't hang up either. I can hear her breathe loud quick and scared.

"Mom?"

"M-my husband is dead,"

It breaks my heart to hear my mom like this.

I sit back on the seat and just watch. I close my eyes for only seconds I open them to find a grey cloud in front of me. It looks familiar. It's rising from my dad's dead body. Oh my god! It's his spirit, soul, ghost or whatever you call it. It looks rather pissed.

"You, you little bastard you did this to me! You murdered me!" It screams in my face and launches towards me.

I wake up in a sweat. Panic passes throughout. I rush over to my dad's bed. He is alright! He is alive! The machine beside him reads that his heart rate is high and his health is okay. He is breathing and he is full of color.

I'm so glad that was a just a terrible nightmare I don't think I would be able to handle it if it was real. I hold my dad's hand tightly and the doctor walks in with my mom. He checks my dad's machine and his test results he looks surprised.

 "Well things are looking up! The results are unusually well," The Doctor announces.

"That's a good thing right?" I ask.

"A very good thing, these sort of things don't usually happen and turn out good just over night but with results like these it looks as if Mr. Blake is on the right track to be getting better but don't get your hopes up too soon,"

Me and my mother smile. I'm so glad things are looking up.

"That's so good doctor!" My mom exclaims.

The doctor nods and leaves the room.

"Ethan you better go home so you can get ready for school," My mom says.

The doctor comes in again.

"Ethan, we need to check out that head of yours and your stitches," The doc says saving me from leaving.