Chapter 15

I'm totally in for it now!

"Hi mom,"

"Where were you last night?"

"Friend's house,"

"Why?"

I think before answering. Should I just tell her about the crash surely she knows already.

"I had an accident,"

"How?"

"In my car,"

"What happened?"

"I crashed the car and I'm totally sorry,"

She looks at me concerned. She makes her way over to me and hugs me tightly.

"It's okay darling as long as your safe then I don't care,"

That was easier than I thought. I hug my mom back. This is the closest we have been for a long time. We usually don't talk or hug. So this hugging my mom thing is new to me. The front door slams open and breaks me and my mum apart. My dad comes storming into the kitchen. He is bright red and fuming.

"You! You stupid boy! All the damage you have done to your car! Do you have any idea how much it will cost me and your mother to get it fixed,"

I take a step closer to him.

"Oh sorry DAD! For wasting your precious money it's not as if I was hurt or anything in the crash," I yell back standing my ground.

His fist curls and before I know it he punches my lip. Blood pours from lip. My mom cries.

"Don't you ever speak to me like that ever again you good for nothing selfish brat?"

"Well you know what they say farther like son!" I yell grabbing his attention.

He turns around and swings for me again I duck and take a punch at him hitting him full force in the stomach with all of my strength.

 My dad doubles over in pain. I stand still staring at him. Blood spits out of his mouth. He falls to the ground holding his stomach. My mom screams.

"Phone the ambulance quickly!"

I head over to the phone and call them. They arrive quickly. Me and my mom head in the ambulance with him. I don't say a word the entire journey. The paramedics rush him into the hospital building. We wait outside of his room.

"Why? Ethan? Why?"

"He deserved it mom he shouldn't have hit me," I protest.

"You should have just let him get away with it I always do,"

"Mom what do you mean you always do? Does he hit you?"

"Yes I mean no Ethan just leave it will you! None of this would have happened if you didn't crash the car!" She sobs.

How can she blame me for this? I can't believe he hits her just wait until I get my hands on him! The doctor makes his way over to us.

"Mrs. Blake I'm sorry but as you know your husband is suffering from lung cancer which is has been set off by his smoking and constant drinking and this incident that has happened has pushed your husband to his limits and has hit some major arteries which has caused the cancer to spread quickly and is killing your husband as we speak I'm afraid he only has a couple of days to live," The doctor tell us.

Oh my god! I had no idea! Oh shit this is my entire fault why did I have to go and defend myself, why didn't my parents tell me he had Lung cancer, if smoking and drinking set it off in the first place then why the hell didn't he stop? Oh god knowing I have made this whole thing worse he could have lived longer, why do I fuck everything up? I sit down on one of the plastic seats and bury my head into my hands. My life couldn't get worse. My mom doesn't say a word she looks shocked and helpless. This must be truly terrible for her!