Chapter 14

Today is Saturday, or in other words, my date with Logan. It is also currently 6:30 in the evening, and he is picking me up in a half hour. He told me to wear something like I wore yesterday. I throw on some leggings, a deep purple sweatshirt, and my black converse. I wander over to the bathroom and put my hair in a nice side braid. I put on a bit of mascara, and my look is complete. I grab my phone and throw it in my purse in time for the doorbell to ring. I run down the stairs and open the door, to find a mighty fine looking Logan standing there.

"Hey," he said.

"Hi,"

"You look beautiful, like always," he says with a smirk, causing my heart to flutter.

"Same to you," I spit out. I mentally face palm and wince at my own comment. "Uhm, wait, huh?"

"Don't worry about it," he says as he chuckles, "Ready to go?"

"Yup," I reply, popping the p. Why am I like this? I ask myself as we walk to the car. I shut the door. "So, Logan."

"So, Mia," He says smiling at me.

"Are you gonna tell me where we are going?"

"Nope, it's not far at all," He says as he pulls out of the driveway.

And he was right. After about 5 minutes, we arrived at the destination. We got out of the car as I took a look around.

"Ooh, a forest?" I ask, I love nature.

"Super close, c'mon, it's a small little walk," He says as he took my hand in his.

We followed the path for a few minutes, and then we went off of it.

"Almost there," Logan said. We turned another corner and I saw just about the prettiest sight I have ever seen. There was a willow tree glowing with fairy lights. Once we went under the tree, there was a blanket overlooking the sparkling blue pond.

"Holy cow Logan!" I squeal.

"You like it?"

"I love it! Did you do all this?"

"Yeah," He says scratching the back of his neck.

"Wow, that's amazing!" We took a seat on the blanket. There was also a basket filled with food.

"Are you hungry?" He asks.

"Frick yeah, when am I not hungry," I exclaim, as he shakes his head laughing. He pulled out Chinese take out.

"A little birdie told me Chinese was your favorite," he smiled.

"That little birdie seems to be spot on," he laughed as we dug in.

~*~*~

"And that is why I hate almonds." Logan finishes as I am bawled over laughing.

"Oh my god. That's literally the best story ever." I say in between fits of laughter.

"Well, it really hurt my elbow," he says with a pout and rubbing it.

"How'd you find this place?" I ask after I cooled down.

"Oh, my dad showed me it. It's a good thinking place. It helps me clear my mind  before a big game, you know?"

"Yeah. That's nice."

"Hey, look Mia," he said looking off into the horizon. There was the prettiest sunset overlooking the pond.

"Wow, that's beautiful." I say in awe.

"Not as beautiful as you," he says staring at me.

"Oh my god Logan," I say with a smile, feeling my cheeks turn pink.

"Just because it's cheesy, doesn't mean it's not true."

"Thanks Logan," I say feeling my smile get bigger.

"Mia?" He asked with a mischievous look in his eyes.

"Yes?"

"This is the fun part."

"Okay. . . go on,"

"You might want to take off you sweatshirt." He says, taking off his.

"Why?" I ask, knowing where this is going.

"It's more fun this way."

"Fine," I say, not wanting to argue. I take off my sweatshirt revealing my black tank top.

"And shoes and socks," he says as he takes off his own. I sigh as I take off my converse and purple hippo socks.

"Okay, you ready?" he says standing up.

"Uh, no, what are we gonna do?" I ask hesitantly as I stand up too.

"You'll see." And all of a sudden, he scooped me up and ran full speed towards the pond.

"Logan!" I scream right before I was submerged into the water. He was still holding on to me once we came back for air.

"Wow, it's actually warm," I say enjoy the water temperature, "Wait, Logan! Did you pee in the pond?" I exclaim.

"Who me? Pee in a pond? How could you blame me of such an act?" He said sarcastically.

"You did?" I ask, squirming to get out of his grip.

"No Mia, it was just the sun, and this water not being to deep. Don't worry." He said as he started to laugh. I stopped squirming and laughed too.

"Also, I brought towels, so let's go swim around for a little." Logan suggested. We swam until the sun was nearly gone.

"Wow," I said as I approached Logan, "could this night get any better?" I exclaim looking into his eyes.

"Yeah," Logan said as he grabbed my waist, and pulled me through the water to his chest, "It can," he whispered as he leaned down and smashed his lips against mine.

~*~*~

Thank you for reading this book. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please comment any mistakes, vote, and follow.

Love, 

Em<3