Chapter 25

We arrive at the hospital and rush to the ER. The lady at the front desk tells us to wait in the room. We sit in the chairs in silence. We are in all in shock. I can't believe it. I don't believe it.

A voice wakes me out of my thoughts. "Johnsons?" A doctor asks as he looks around the waiting room. We stand up and he walks over to us.

"Hello. I am Dr. Cooper. Your parents have been in a major 3 car collision. They are in critical condition. Currently, they are both in surgery. We will make sure to update you through this process. Do you guys have any questions?'"

"How long will the surgery last?" Ryan asks.

"It should be a couple more hours, but it is too early to tell."

"Will they survive?" Katie asks.

"We are doing everything we can to do so,"

"Thanks," Ryan says as we sit down, and the doctor walks away.

"Oh my god," I say as everything is setting in. I feel so nauseous.

~*~*~

1 HOUR LATER

It's 1:30 in the morning. Katie is snoring in the chair next to me, and Ryan just seems lost in thought, staring at the wall in front of him.

"Psst. Ryan," I whisper as he jumps out of thought.

"What?"

"I'm going to the cafe. I'll be back later." I say as I get up and follow the signs through the hall. 

I find the cafe, thankfully open 24/7. I order some pudding, and two coffees. I make my way back to the waiting room, and hand Ryan a coffee.

"Thanks," He says quietly.

"Ryan, we should probably text grandma." I say, grandma is our only relative that's still alive. She is our dad's mom.

"Yeah. I'll do that right now. I'm going to text the guys too," Ryan says as he took out his phone.

"Okay, I'll text Haley too." I pull out my phone and text her.

Hey. So, long story short, we are at the hospital. My parents were in a car accident and they are in surgery.

She probably won't see it until morning. I turn off my phone and sigh. I rest my head on the wall behind me, rest my eyes, and think. To anyone who is listening, please let my parents be okay.

I hear Ryan start to snore, and I open my eyes. I carefully take the coffee out of his hands and put it on the table next to him. I wouldn't want that to spill. I eat a spoonful of pudding, and stare at the wall. I hear the sliding doors open and footsteps approaching. I look up to see Leo making his way over to us.

"Hey Mi," Leo whispers. He crotches down and hugs me.

"Hey Leo," I reply as I hug him back. After, he sits down next to me. "Wow, I can't believe you actually came this early, were you even asleep?"

"Uh, yeah. The text woke me up, and knew I had to come. Not a doubt crossed my mind."

"Thanks," I say as I yawn. I felt my eyes getting heavy so I took another sip of coffee.

"You need sleep Mia," Leo says softly.

"No, if the doctor comes I need to-"

"No, it's okay. I'm here now. I'll wake you up if the doctor comes,"

"Really? You'll stay up?" I ask. I feel bad having Leo do all the work.

"Of course. I've already slept for a few hours anyway,"

"Thank you so much Leo," I say. I feel sleep take over, as I rest my head on Leo's shoulder.

~*~*~

4 HOURS LATER

I open my eyes and whip my head up. I look around to see the whole crew here. Ryan is over talking to them all, and Katie is still asleep.

"Morning Mia," everyone said.

"Morning all," I said as I yawned.

"Hey Mia, the doctor hasn't come yet by the way," Leo whispered and gave me a small smile.

"Thanks," I said and gave him a quick hug.

Ryan and Haley came back by me, as Joey, Alex, Logan, and Leo all left.

"Did I miss something?" I ask.

"They're all going to school, they'll probably be back afterwards." Haley said as she took Leo's spot. I nodded.

~*~*~

1 HOUR LATER

Grandma has joined us, as we see Dr. Cooper and another doctor come towards us. We all stand up, awaiting the news.

"Hi Johnson family. Would you please follow me?" He said. We all nodded and followed him to an empty room. We sat down in the chairs, as he began to speak again. I could tell this would be bad.

"Your parents came into the hospital both with multiple injuries.  Your mother had injuries to her head, and your father to his chest. I worked on your father," Dr. Cooper said.

"And I am Dr. Miller. I'm the neurosurgeon who worked on your mother," The other doctor said.

"Your father had torn a piece of his heart. I was able to repair that, and he is currently recovering." Dr. Cooper said.

"Your mother had come in with a brain bleed. Thankfully, she came in at the right time. I stopped the bleeding, and she is currently in recovery," Dr. Miller said.

"Wait, so they are both alive?" Katie asks, a smile forming on her face.

"Yes. They are both stable. We believe they will have a easy and fast recovery." Dr. Cooper said.

"Oh my god!" I scream and hug Ryan and Haley.

"That's great! Can we see them now?" Ryan asks.

"Yeah, we put them into the same room." Dr. Miller says as we follow her through the hospital. We find the room and they are both asleep. "They should be waking up real soon, press this button if anything seems off," Dr. Miller smiled, handing a remote to Grandma.

"Thank you, dear." Grandma said. I can tell she has tears welled up in her eyes. I walk over and give her a hug.

"Wow," Haley said, as a tear slipped her eye.

"Yeah, we are so lucky." Ryan said, as he sat down beside our parents.