Chapter 21

"OMG! Mia! What the hell happened?" Haley screamed as she ran into my room, holding a bag full of Ben and Jerry ice cream.

"He cheated, for a week." I said sadly.

"Seriously? Wow. I brought you ice cream." She said as she took out the small cartons. "How'd you find out?"

"At the party last night. He made out with Sarah. Then I made it official this morning."

"Aw Mia, that's awful. I feel like this is my fault."

"Nope. I am happy that you brought me there. Imagine if we kept dating while he's out there fucking Sarah!" I yell the last part. "Sorry Haley, I didn't mean to yell, I'm just angry."

"Yeah. If Joey did this to me I would probably break into his house and break everything" Haley said truthfully and I laughed.

"You guys are perfect though, I bet you'll get married. And honestly, if he cheats, I'd help you break everything."

"Thanks, I'll make a mental note."

We laughed, and we started to eat the ice cream.

" I'm surprised." Haley stated randomly.

"Why?"

"You seem fine. I thought you'd be balling your eyes out."

"I'm just angry. I'm happy that I only wasted 2 months on that guy. And, I know there is someone else out there for me that will love me so much more than Logan did," I said thinking about what Ryan and Leo told me.

"Wow, that was a nice little speech you got there."

"Why thank you," I smiled.

"Wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure, what do you have in mind?"

"Not sure, probably comedy," Haley said as she opens Netflix on my laptop.

"Ooh, how about Masterminds?"

"Sure." She said as she clicks play. We got comfy on the bed, eating our delicious ice cream.

~*~*~

"Logan get out of here, she doesn't want to see you," Ryan said from downstairs by the front door.

"At least give her these," I heard Logan said.

"Fine, but you better not be trying to get her back," Ryan said angrily.

"Don't worry Ryan, I'm not good enough for her. Bye." Logan said right before I heard the door shut.

I heard Ryan march upstairs, and he entered my room. He put a plate of desserts and chocolates on my bed, along with a note.

"You don't have to accept it," Ryan said.

"No, it's okay. It was a nice gesture," I said.

"Don't even think about taking him back,"

"Don't worry. That thought hasn't crossed my mind,"

"Seriously?" Both Ryan and Haley said and the same time, both shocked.

"Okay, maybe, but I waved it off quickly, "

"Alright, I'm gonna go now," Ryan said as he walked out of my room.

I opened the letter and began to read it,

Dear Mia,

You deserve someone so much better than me. I'm not asking for you back as a girlfriend. I love your personality so much. You are so beautiful. I've talked to some guys, and trust me, you won't die alone. I know you are always scared about that. I wish everything can be okay between us. I just want to be friends. I wish the breakup was done differently. I feel awful that I hit you. Awful.

Anyways, I brought you some desserts and chocolates because that's what a lot of people like during break ups.

If you wanna talk to me, you know where to find me.

Love, Logan

"Aw, that's sweet," I said after I was done reading the card.

"Mia," Haley said in a warning tone.

"Don't worry Haley, I think I'm gonna be okay,"

~*~*~

We watched another movie before Haley left.

After I knew she was gone, I threw on some boots, and went out to the car. I started it and drove off to the forest. It was starting to get dark, so I better hurry.

Once I arrived, I parked the car and ran through the forest path, and then veered to the side. I saw the willow tree and sighed in happiness. I walked towards it, trying to catch my breath.

"Mia, you came?" Logan said from under the tree.

"Yeah. I wanted to talk." I said as I sat down by him.

"Can I start by saying how sorry I am for hitting you? Mason fucking abused you, and I come in here and slap you. You don't know how sorry I am, I really need to control myself. If I could do that, we would still be together."

"Logan, it's okay. You were caught in the moment, I knew it wasn't you. And we just weren't meant to be."

"Yeah, I guess. Are you going to school tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I kind of have to. I missed all of last week."

"Okay, I just want you to know that people will be talking about you. Don't take any of it to heart,"

"I'll do my best,"

"You always do,"

"Thanks Logan," I said, as he smiled.

"So, what'd you want to talk about?" Logan asks.

"Do you think we can be friends?" I ask.

"Yeah, if you're okay with it, but I'm pretty sure the boys all hate me,"

"Well, maybe if they see me good with you, they'll be good with you."

"Maybe,"

We sat in silence for a few minutes before Logan broke the silence with laughter.

"What's so funny?" I ask, as I stared at him balled over in laughter on the ground.

"You swore so much this morning," he said in between laughs.

"So? I swear when I'm angry. I don't see why that's so funny."

"I'm sorry, but you make me laugh when you're angry." He said as his laughter died down.

"I'm at least intimidating, right?"

"Nope, not at all," Logan says, as he stands up.

"Thanks, now I know to work on my angry face," I smile sarcastically and stand up too.

"We should probably get going, I'll walk you back to your car,"

"Thanks, the woods are creepy,"

~*~*~

I shut the door quietly after I arrive back home.

"Mia, where did you go?" Ryan says as he comes down the stairs.

"The woods," I say as I pass him to go to my room.

"Why?" He asks as he follows me.

"To meet Logan," I say casually.

"Why?" He asks angrily.

"So we can be okay with each other,"

"So you guys are friends?"

"Yeah."

"Uhm, he didn't force you?"

"Nope, this was all my doings"

"Hm okay then. Goodnight,"

"Night."

~*~*~

Thanks for reading!

Feel free to show me some love <3

-E