ii. an admirer

December 11th, 1976
Hogsmeade Village

"Marlene, I'm about five seconds away from blasting you out that bloody window!" I threatened as Lily erupted in a fit of giggles

We had entered a dress shop called "Witches Wonders" on Marlene's command. I reluctantly agreed to let her dress me. The dress she had picked out for me was a short, black cocktail dress that revealed way too much cleavage for my liking.

"What? You look hot!" Mar retorted defensively as she laughed. I glared at my two friends and groaned loudly. Bastards.

"Alright! I'll get you a dress you'll actually like this time." She muttered exasperatedly.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed gratefully. My eyes traveled past her to see a figure in the window. It was Sirius gawking at me.

"You've got to be fucking joking!" I yelled as I ran to the dressing room to hide from the bloke. I never wear things like this, let alone in front of him! Great. Now, he'll never leave me alone.

Marlene and Lily cackled from outside the dressing room I was in. "Marlene, you hand me another dress right now! This is your doing, now fix it! And stop fucking laughing so hard, Evans!" After about five minutes of laughter, Mar handed me a beautiful dress. I put it on and ignored Mar, who was begging to see it. It was actually perfect. I took it off and paid the woman, Jewelia, 20 Galleons.

Lily had already bought her dress by time I was paying. Hers was beautiful and made her stunning green eyes pop. Marlene said that her dress was going to be a surprise.

We thanked Jewelia for the dresses and headed out of the shop. Since I was CRAVING some butterbeer and it was freezing outside, we headed to The Three Broomsticks for a mug.

As we walked in I noticed my twin sitting with the other marauders. Sirius stared at me with an intense expression as we walked past their table. We headed to a booth in the back so Lily and I could avoid two certain boys. Madam Rosmerta came up to our table in a cheery mood.

"The usual, girls?" She asked with a small smile. We all nodded happily in response. Once she left our booth, I noticed Remus excuse himself from the marauders table.

"Oh, bloody hell. Remus is coming!" Marlene whispered as she frantically smoothed down her hair. Ever since we started this semester, Marlene's been infatuated with Remus. It's kind of cute, actually. Remus is quite reserved and private while Mar is outgoing and friendly. But when Remus comes around, Marlene gets fidgety and nervous.

"Gen, I think your brother is going to kill Sirius." Remus disclosed somewhat worriedly. I groaned. Oh, what now?

I looked over to see James gripping his wand so tightly that his knuckles were turning white. Sirius stood tall but looked somewhat apologetic. I quickly slid out of our booth and hurried towards their table. Upon reaching them, I grabbed James's arms and stood in front of him.

"James Fleamont Potter, what the bloody hell is going on?" I questioned in a demanding voice, looking my twin in the eye. James kept his eyes on Sirius.

"That arsehole made a remark totally out of line." He glowered, his voice low. My brother doesn't get angry often, in fact, he rarely does. There are few things that piss off James.

"I can handle myself, James. You know that." I reminded.

"James, mate, I'm sorry! It slipped." Sirius apologized earnestly.

"Slipped? The only thing that's gonna slip is my wand up your ars-"

"James, how about we walk to Honeydukes? I'd really fancy some Cauldron Cakes right about now." Lily interrupted politely. James glared at Sirius a moment longer before putting away his wand.

"Stay away from Gen, Black." James warned before turning away with Lily. A silent grateful exchange passed between us. I turned back to Sirius who averted his eyes from my gaze.

"I can handle your shit, Black. But leave James out of it, alright? I mean, you've got to be mental to say shit to my TWIN BROTHER! You've got to know he'd get pissed." I yelled. Sirius sulked, not saying a word.

"I don't know what the hell is wrong with you. I don't know if you're going through something or what but leave me out of it, alright?" I glared. I pivoted on my heel and began to head back to Remus and Mar.

"I'm sorry, Genevieve..." Sirius muttered softly from behind me. I peered over my shoulder to see him looking at me with regret in his eyes. I turned back to my friends and walked away.

Sirius' POV

I stood alone in the pub, kicking myself for being such a fucking idiot. I could of just lost my best mate and Genevieve. Bloody hell. The disappointment on her face killed me. I've never felt like such an arsehole.

I don't just want to shag her. What if I do actually like her? I may have lost any and every chance with her. I've got to do something. But, what?

The party! I can do something at the party for her.

Gen's POV

I was sitting in the dormitory, trying to calm myself from the events that had just taken place. I heard the soft screech of an owl which caused my head to snap in the direction of the sound. It was a pretty barn owl pecking at my window. I got up to open it and let the bird in. As I undid the latch, the owl swiftly flew in carrying a letter in its beak.

"Hello there." I greeted sweetly as I held out my arm. The owl flew to my arm and dropped the letter into my free hand from its beak. I stroked its beautiful, light brown feathers absentmindedly as I read the letter aloud.

Genevieve Potter,
Please meet me at the astronomy tower on the night of the Christmas party. Come at midnight. I'll be waiting.
Sincerely,
Your Admirer

I stared puzzled at the letter in my hands. An admirer? I mean yes, boys have shown interest in me every once and awhile but I never really reciprocated. I definitely have to talk to the girls about this.

Blimey... I have an admirer.

Like & comment <3
xoxo