xxiv. new year

December 31st, 1980
11:26 pm
Potter Home

I sat on the couch surrounding the fireplace with all of the other marauders except Wormtail

I sat on the couch surrounding the fireplace with all of the other marauders except Wormtail. He'd left early saying he had errands to run. We'd already put Harry and Birdie to bed upstairs.

I sipped on the fire whisky that James had bought for us specifically for this night. The air was less tense than usual. For once, we felt that we could relax. The worries of Voldemort and the prophecy seemed to fade.

"So, I think we should set some goals for the new year." I said, pulling everyone's attention onto me.

"My goal..." I continued, a soft smile tugging on my lips. "Is to spend more time with you guys. My family."

Sirius interlocked his hand with mine, rubbing his thumb gently on my pale skin, a smile resting on his lips.

"And mine, is to try and have another kid. Hopefully a boy." Sirius announced, his eyes on mine and full of excitement. I couldn't help but laugh gleefully. He was so pure.

I leaned into him, close to his ear, and whispered, "Once all of this is over, we'll try for another."

Sirius grinned ear to ear at my response. He loved Little Bird more than life itself. I don't think he ever knew it nor planned it, but being a father is his dream.

"I want to find a potion that'll help with the transformations." Remus spoke suddenly, his eyes on his glass of fire whisky.

"I want to see Harry take his first steps." Lily muttered, her voice soft and low. James pursed his lips and squeezed her arm gently.

"I want to teach my son how to ride a broom." James said, a soft smile tugging on his lips. His hazel eyes shinning behind his circular framed glasses.

"James, he's not even a year old." I scoffed while smiling.

"So? He's my son. I bet he'll be riding before anyone else his age!" James retorted pridefully.

"Birdie will beat him to it." Sirius pipped up, a smirk resting on his lips. His beard had grown out even more. I swear he gets more handsome everyday.

"You wanna bet on that?" James asked, mischief lacing his eyes, with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Alright, what we're not going to do is pit our children in a competition against one another to booster your pride." I stated, my voice stern.

"But, if we did, Birdie would definitely beat Harry to it." I muttered while giggling loudly.

"Watch it, sis."

"Oh, what are you gonna do, James?"

"I'm gonna kick your bloody arse." James retorted, standing from the couch.

"Oh, you're so on, Prongs." I muttered, smirking as I stood to my feet also.

"Ah, ah, ah. No fighting in my living room!" Lily declared in a motherly manner, her eyes darting between the two of us. James and I let out a sigh before slumping back into our seats.

"Wanker." I muttered under my breath.

"Moron." James retorted.

Sirius and Remus roared in laughter. As Sirius laughter died, he placed a kiss on the side of my forehead.

"I love you." He whispered softly.

"I love you, too."

I bit my bottom lip before pressing my lips against his. It'd been awhile since we'd been able to feel safe. I could finally relish in his calming scent and soft lips.

"We'll get through this, kitten." He whispered after pulling from the kiss, his eyes hopeful.

"I hope so, love. I hope so..." I trailed, my eyes staring at my family.

I never wanted this to end. But it did. The clock stuck midnight and the night ended as all things must. We were pulled back to the reality of our situation, and went back into survival mode to protect the people we loved most from an evil wizard.

A/N-
Only one chapter left guys. Things are beginning to reach the climax. But there are two more stories following this one! Hope you enjoyed the calm before the storm (:
Also, the last chapter will probably be posted sometime later on today!
Vote & comment!
Xxx