vi. sweet revenge

January 5th, 1977
Wednesday
Hogwarts Castle

"YOU AND SIRIUS KISSED?!" Marlene yelled in shock

"YOU AND SIRIUS KISSED?!" Marlene yelled in shock. I put my index finger to my lips and frantically shushed her. Lily giggled.

"I mean... I knew." Lily muttered with a sly grin.

"What?!" I exclaimed in shock.

"Well I mean... I heard a noise downstairs and when I walked down I noticed you two." She shrugged, still grinning. "I mean did you really think that mistletoe just appeared out of thin air?" I nudged her playfully.

"You sneaky toad!" I gasped. She giggled and began to make gestures as if she was kissing someone.

"Hey! Save those for the other twin, not me." I snickered. Her porcelain skin went deep crimson. From anger or embarrassment, I couldn't tell.

"Hey, I'll meet you guys in Charms, alright? I'm going to the bathroom." Marlene and Lily nodded and continued walking as I veered off of their course.

I couldn't control the smile on my face. I'd be seeing Sirius for the first time today at school since our kiss. His words replayed in my head nonstop.

"I've been wanting this since our fourth year."

I touched my bottom lip nostalgically. How will things go today? How will we act together?

I pushed open the girls bathroom but paused at the sound of moaning. I pushed it slowly so that it was slightly ajar. My heart sank as a quiet gasp escaped from my lips.

It was Sirius snogging Michelle Douglas. He had her hoisted around his waist as she kissed him and tugged at his hair. His white collared shirt was unbuttoned, revealing his toned chest. In an instant, he unstuck his tongue from her throat and stared at me. Nothing in his eyes. No remorse. Michelle followed his gaze and rolled her eyes.

"We're busy." She muttered sassily. Sirius smirked and resumed kissing her.

"Fuck you, Black." I mumbled as tears welled in my eyes. I slammed the bathroom door shut and ran. I ran as fast as my feet could take me, I had no destination. I just wanted to be away.

Finally, I halted due to being out of breath. I fell onto the ground lazily. I stared ahead of me at the Black Lake. Memories of Sirius flooded my mind.  The night he saved me. The night we kissed. All the times we would get up before midnight and just stare at the stars together.

The tears began to flow freely. I know that we aren't together but that kiss meant something to me. I thought it meant something to him too. Fuck. I'd begun to fancy Sirius Black, the one person I never wanted to be close to. And this is why. It's my fault.