xvii. date night

August 20th, 1978
8:43 pm

My hands shook involuntarily as Sirius pulled my seat back for me in a gentlemanly manner

My hands shook involuntarily as Sirius pulled my seat back for me in a gentlemanly manner. I forced a tight lipped smile before sitting down silently. I had to tell him.

We were at a beautiful muggle restaurant in the city to celebrate my first year as a professor. Sirius had gone out of his way for this date. He bought me a beautiful, lilac dress that reached my mid thigh and even gave me my favorite kind of flower- roses. And I was about to turn his whole world upside down.

As he rounded the circular table to get to his seat, he flashed me a gorgeous smile that made my heart skip a beat.

"You look so beautiful, Gen." He complimented earnestly as he sat.

"Ditto, love." I mumbled while smiling half heartedly. Sirius seemed to notice this. He cocked his head to the side as a frown overtook his scruffy face. He'd recently let his beard grow out a bit.

"What's wrong, kitten?" He asked softly. His voice so full of love and concern. His grey eyes searching for the cause of my lack of happiness. I pursed my lips, trying to find the words.

"Sirius..." I began, my voice shaking slightly. "I'm- I'm pregnant."

The words dripped from lips slowly and rigidly. It felt like it was in slow motion. Sirius's stunning grey eyes widened slightly but his face remained emotionless. He stood, pushing back his chair and walked away silently.

I watched his back as he walked away from me and towards the front of the restaurant. I didn't know what to feel. After everything, he'd just walk away? I tightened my jaw and stood from our dimly lit table, anger filling me. I huffed and turned swiftly but paused abruptly.

Sirius stood in front of me holding a small, black velvet box in his right hand. A gentle smirk resting on his face. My eyes traveled from his face, to the box, and back to his face rapidly. Sirius merely grinned as he got down on one knee while keeping his eyes locked on mine. A soft gasp escaped my parted lips.

"Genevieve Euphemia Potter." He began slowly, his grey eyes never leaving mine. "I never knew true love until I met you. You taught me to be a better man, a better friend, and hopefully... you'll teach me to be a good husband." He whispered as he opened the velvet box, revealing the most beautiful engagement ring I'd ever seen. The band was silver and thin with little diamonds lining it. The center diamond was cut beautifully into an oval. It was simple but perfect.

"Will you do me the incredible honor of marrying me, kitten?" He asked. His eyes hopeful and grin so large and full of excitement. I bit my bottom lip as I shook my head rigorously.

"Of course." I answered while giggling giddily. He grinned larger than ever before swooping me up and spinning me around. I giggled as I clung to him. Once my feet were onto the ground again, he removed the ring from the box and slid it onto my finger. It fit perfectly. He ran his thumb gently over my left hand, causing my head to snap up to him.

"You didn't think I'd actually leave, did you?" He asked, a smirk tugging at his thin lips. I shook my head and pursed my lips to keep me from smiling before slapping his chest gently.

"You're such a git."

He placed his hand over his heart and sighed. "It's been so long since you've called me that. I was beginning to think I'd lost my knack to annoy you."

I rolled my eyes before glaring at him. "Watch it." I demanded half-jokingly. He chuckled lightly and ran a hand through his long, black hair.

"I had to nab the ring from the waiter. I was going to do it at the end of dinner but it felt right to do it now." He confessed as he stepped close to me, pulling me to him. His hand caressed my cheek lovingly.

"I am so happy, Gen. I love you so much. And I am going to love this baby even more." He said seriously before smiling softly. "But I'm really hoping it's a boy." I giggled softly and shoved him off.

"And I'm hoping it's a girl." I retorted playfully. He groaned. "But if it's a girl I'll most likely end up in Azkaban for murdering any bloke that hurts her!" I giggled softly before planting a soft kiss on his lips.

"Hush it and let's finish our dinner, Mr. Black."

"As you wish, Mrs. Black." He answered while bowing before me. I giggled once more before sitting in my seat across from him.

Who would have thought that my twins annoying best friend was the man I'd end up getting engaged to?

In this moment, I felt sublimely happy. And I wished that nothing in the world would ruin it.

A/N-
Foreshadowing here! Lol I can't say I'm sorry for it. Anyways, they're engaged and pregnant! I've been planning this moment since I started writing this story. I hope you liked it! #sirivieve
Vote & comment!
Xxx