v. mistletoe

Christmas Eve
Potter House in England

(Ok but this is Sirius being a charming precious lil cutie & my heart can't take it, okay bye)

"Christ, I can't wait for Lily to stay with us!" James exclaimed excitedly. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Prongs, please don't scare my best friend away." He ignored me and glanced at the door expectingly. I giggled softly and crossed my arms.

"You're aware that she isn't coming for another two hours right?" James looked at me and scoffed dismissively.

"Yeah, of course. I mean, I'm just-"

"Staring at the front door waiting for her?" I finished with a light chuckle. James glared at me until we heard a knock on the door. His face instantly broke out into a goofy grin while mine wore a look of confusion.

"Lily!" He yelled gleefully as he bolted to the door and swung it open.

"Uh...no. Sorry, mate." Sirius responded awkwardly from the other side of the door. James grin fell and he huffed disappointedly. I couldn't help but laugh at his face. James pushed the door open for Sirius to enter. I noticed he was carrying a knapsack on his back. My smile slowly faltered.

"James, if that's Lily you better not be- Oh, hello Sirius." My mum greeted as she walked out from the kitchen while wiping her hands onto her apron.

"Nice to see you, Mrs. Potter." Sirius greeted with a charming smile. "Sorry to impose, but I was wondering if I could stay with you for awhile, with yours and Mr. Potters permission, of course."

My mother laughed and waved her hand dismissively. "Of course you can stay, dear! How many times do I have to tell you to call me Euphemia?"

Sirius chuckled softly. "At least once more, Mrs. Potter." She waved him over and pulled him into a doting hug. Once they parted, she took his knapsack off of his back.

"James, darling, go up and put this in your room. Sirius will stay with you." James nodded with a smile and shoved Sirius playfully who chuckled. His gaze transferred onto me. I gave him a small smile.

"Tell me what happened later, yeah?" I whispered softly. He nodded and followed my brother up the stairs and to his room.

Ever since I was cursed by Regulus, Sirius and I have become friends. He's not the womanizer I thought he was. He's caring and protective. Once I told James what had happened, it was like he and Sirius never fought.

I've begun to actually appreciate his company and our friendship. Although we don't talk about it, I know he has feelings for me. And strangely, when I see him, butterflies erupt in my stomach. My face turns crimson and my heart beat becomes more rapid. Something's changed within me. I haven't told Marlene or Lily... yet.

I headed towards the kitchen where my mother stood in front of the oven. She was working on baking a chocolate cake while her enchanted kitchen tools worked on the rest of dinner.  I smiled. I adored my mother more than words could say. She was loving, kind, generous, and selfless.