xxi. little bird

January 1st, 1979
Hospital
12:33 am

Waves of pain have continuously washed over me for seven hours now

I love Hope more than life itself but bloody hell she's already acting like her father by being this stubborn. She was supposed to be born sometime yesterday. Dr. Johnson said I was close but that was an hour ago.

James, Lily, Remus, and Peter are all in the waiting area. Every now and then one or two of them will come and visit. We'd already asked Remus if he would be her godfather to which he accepted excitedly. Sirius has been doting on me nonstop and asking if I need anything. While James hasn't been helping whatsoever. I pray for Lily.

As if on cue, my extra aggravating twin enters my room wearing a cheesy smile. I groaned audibly.

"Can you please talk to your niece? I think you and Sirius are already rubbing off on her." I muttered lowly. James chuckled as he rounded my bed to take a seat next to me.

"If we're rubbing off on her then she'll be bloody amazing." He said pompously while smirking. His eyes trailed from my face to my huge stomach. They were full of love. He loves his niece so much already.

"Piss off."

Suddenly, another wave of pain hit me causing me to whimper softly as I clutched my stomach. James instantly grabbed my hand, allowing me to squeeze his. After focusing on my breathing for a few seconds, the pain faded.

"The time intervals between the pains are only a few seconds now." I whispered softly as I relaxed once more. James released my hand and nodded.

"Shouldn't be long now, sis."

2:15 am

My screams were vibrating throughout the small hospital room.

Sirius stood beside me, holding my hand. Although, I could barely feel it. But I knew he was nearly in as much pain as I since I was squeezing so tightly.

"Just a few more pushes, Mrs. Black." Dr. Johnson assured.

I groaned lowly as the sweat drops rolled down my forehead. I shook my head.

"I can't." I whispered softly to Sirius. He looked at me with love and empathy. My heart swelled at the sight of him. He'd begun to grow out his beard, it was short and scruffy. His imploring grey eyes were so vibrant.

"You can do this, Gen." He whispered before kissing my forehead softly.

"Do it for me." I muttered pathetically. Sirius chuckled lightly as he moved stray locks that clung to my face.

"I would if I could, kitten."

"Deep breath, Mrs. Black." Dr. Johnson commanded. I groaned before breathing in deeply.

One more.

Just one more.

Suddenly, a piecing sound disrupted everything. My heart swelled as tears welled in my eyes. It was her. My daughter.

"Mr. Black, would you like to cut the cord?" Our doctor asked as Sirius shakily nodded and took the scissors.

I saw the tears slide down Sirius's face as he stared down at her. His bottom lip quivered as his face broke out into a heartfelt smile.

"Sirius, I want to see her. Please." I muttered, pulling him from her trance. He nodded and gestures to the doctor to give her to me. I involuntarily opened my arms.

And there she was.

Hope.

Her big hazel eyes stared back at me. I took her into my arms instantly. I thought I knew love when I fell in love with Sirius but I've never known a love like this. My mind wondered to my mother. Wondered if this love is what she felt with James and I. This protective, unconditional love.

"She's so beautiful." I whispered as I looked Hope over. She was healthy and small. Weighing no more than six pounds. Her fingers were tiny and gripping my index finger.

"Just like her mother." Sirius responded softly. My head snapped up to his as a soft smile tugged on my lips. He rounded the bed to me before planting a soft kiss on my swollen lips. His eyes trailed to Hope.

"With everything that's wrong in the world, she's our piece of light. Our strong little bird." He muttered before kissing the top of her head.

As her eyes slowly closed, I knew in my heart I would die for Hope. I would do everything to keep her safe. And without speaking, I knew Sirius would too.

A/N- short and sweet! Hope is born and totally healthy! God it's crazy how many reads I have on this story. I never expected for it to do so well. It's all thanks to you guys (:
Vote & comment!
Xxx