xv. a new beginning

May 23rd, 1978
Girls Dorm

I stared at my reflection in the mirror while chewing at my bottom lip

I stared at my reflection in the mirror while chewing at my bottom lip. I shakily flattened out my pale pink summer dress that fell just above my knee. I glanced down at my pale pink flats that complimented my dress so well before inspecting my face. My chocolate brown hair held beautiful, loose curls, thanks to Lily, that flowed over my shoulders and down to my lower back. My usual light pink lips were coated in a deep red color. A soft blush resided on my pale cheeks and my hazel eyes held a little more green than usual.

Today was the day. My final day as a student at Hogwarts.

I had passed my N.E.W.Ts with E's and O's which in Dumbledore's words were, "everything he expected from an incoming professor."

Sirius and I have struggled with losing Aidan but each day has gotten better... easier. I can still feel the emptiness inside but it's dulled since. We both decided that it was best if none of the marauders knew, especially James. But things are somewhat back to normal.

And although we're technically adults, we have the most elaborate, brilliant prank planned ever. Mar and Lil have no idea, I mean, it's our thing. Anytime a prank was orchestrated, it was always Prongs, Moony, Padfoot, Wormtail, and myself.

I sucked in a sharp breath and nodded my head in approval of my reflection staring back at me. As I backed away from the mirror, I scanned the large, four bedroom dormitory that I had called home for seven years. Nostalgia filled me. Our maroon colored, relaxing, inviting dorm room was no longer going to be ours, but would go to a fresh set of incoming witches. To them, it'll just a new room for them to sleep in at night. To me, it's a place full of memories and friendships.

I silently descended the stairs from the girls dorms, my light footsteps barely making a sound on the creaky floors. My hand glided across the deep red walls on my descent, taking in the way the paint felt against my fingertips. Once I'd reached the bottom of the stairs, the faces of my best friends stared back at me. Each of them wearing their common clothes, a somber yet excited smile on their faces.

"You look beautiful, Gen." Sirius complimented as he stepped forward. My heart nearly skipped a beat. He looked handsome as ever. He wore a plain, white button up with black slacks. As usual, the first two buttons were left intentionally unbuttoned, Sirius could never be too formal. It was one of the minor details about him that made him more unique. A grin overtook my face, "Ditto, Siri."

I looked past him to see Lily wearing a flowing white dress that complimented her fair skin. Her fire red hair was in a loose updo that had wavy strands falling to frame her face. Her emerald green eyes were as vibrant as ever. Marlene wore a fitted red dress with a red lip that showed off her small, beautiful figure. I quickly ran to embrace them both.

"Promise me we'll always be friends and keep in touch?" I whispered hopefully. The two girls pulled out of the hug, their arms still wrapped around me.

"Gen, we're best friends... of course we'll always keep in touch." Marlene exclaimed, a heartwarming smile on her gorgeous face.

"Yeah, plus, I'm dating your brother so, we're kinda stuck with each other." Lily added, wearing a smirk and sending a playful glance to James who scoffed. Mar, Lil, and I released each other reluctantly. A sigh escaping my lips.

Sirius put his hand on my lower back and ushered me out of the common room along with everyone else. I felt his hot breath on the nape of my neck, causing shivers to run down my spine.

"You ready, kitten?" I bit my bottom lip to suppress the grin that tugged at the corners of my lips. I could practically hear him smirking. I nodded slowly and glanced over my shoulder to the other four marauders. Everything was already in place. The marauders are leaving Hogwarts, and I'll be damned if we don't leave our mark.

We, along with the other 7th years, filed out of the castle doors. All the underclassmen stood around us; some hopeful, some solemn, some not even giving a fuck. I looked ahead to see Dumbledore standing gracefully with his hands clasped in front of him, his robe fluttering slightly in the warm, summer breeze. His eyes caught mine and in his pale blue eyes, there was a soft glimmer of wisdom. As if he already knew.

"Students." He greeted, his voice soft but authoritative. "We congratulate those who have completed their journey at Hogwarts and prepare for the next chapter of their lives. No matter the future holds, Hogwarts will always be your home." As the wind tugged at his robe, he gripped his elegant wand and pointed it towards the sky. I felt a hand slip into mine and I bit my bottom lip as I turned to face Sirius.

His eyes were dead ahead, staring at the beautiful streaks of light ejecting from Dumbledore's wand. The beautiful colors reflecting onto his pale skin, making his grey eyes shine even brighter. His pink lips parting slightly in amazement of the scene. Yet all I could think about was him. The first time we met on the train, all of the times he would flirt with me, the times I jinxed him, our first kiss, our first date, our first time... all of our memories began with Hogwarts. But hopefully, they'll never end.

After feeling my prolonged gaze on him, Sirius transferred his eyes onto me. A handsome smirk appearing on his face the second our eyes locked. I bit my bottom lip before grabbing the back of his neck and pulling him down to me. Our lips collided in a way like never before. It was like everything was new and adventurous. I had no idea what came next, but right now, this is all I need. We pulled apart as the boats that had brought us to the castle as first years were at the shore of the lake.

The students broke into groups to fit into the boats. Marlene, Remus, Peter, and a boy who's name I didn't know took the first boat. Lily, James, Sirius, and I took the next. I checked the time on Sirius's watched and smirked. The marauders stole sneaky glances at one another.

"Five." Remus mouthed.

"Four." Sirius muttered beside me.

"Three." Peter squeaked softly.

"Two." James whispered excitedly.

"One." I said aloud, a smirk plastered on my face.

As soon as I uttered the number, the entire school erupted in a green gas. The sounds of students and staff alike, coughing and gagging at the horrendous smell. I tried my hardest not to snicker at the scene as we floated away. As soon as the green gas dissipated, a colorful light shot from the Astronomy Tower that exploded onto a single, glittering, lasting phrase.

The Marauders May Have Left Hogwarts, But Hogwarts Will Never Leave Us.
Moony, Padfoot, Prongs, Cloudy, Wormtail

A/N-
And that's it! They've graduated! Stories over!
Just kidding. I have much more planned for this soon to be series. Sorry for the delay! I've been so busy lately!
Vote & comment!!
Xxx