ix. blind folded

September 10th, 1977
1:24 pm

September 10th, 19771:24 pm

It's only been two days. Rumors surrounding my break up have already ignited and spread throughout the school.

I was sitting in the Great Hall for lunch, although I wasn't really eating. I could hear the scattered whispers about me echoing from all corners of the large room. I flinched when I felt a tap on the shoulder. I hesitantly turned around to find Lily, Marlene, Remus, and Peter.

Lily smiled softly. "Come with us, Genny."

I furrowed my brows. "Where?" I whispered tiredly.

Lily reached out and grabbed my hand gently. "Just come, Gen." I reluctantly allowed her to lift me from the table and onto my feet. Peter gave me a reassuring smile and Remus wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"What's going on?" I murmured softly to Remus who scoffed slightly.

"Enough inquisition, Cloudy. Just come on." He replied casually, his arm still slung over my shoulders. A slight smirk plastered onto his face. I rolled my eyes but complied.

"Alright." Marlene began hesitantly. "We're going to blind fold you now, okay?"

"Wha-"

"Just trust us, Gen." She exclaimed while grinning. I sighed heavily before giving a reluctant nod. Next thing I knew, a soft piece of fabric was being tied over my eyes. All I could see was black.

*

The walk took about 15 minutes. The entire time I questioned what was going on but of course my best friends diverted my questions or ignored them all together. I tried using my senses to determine where I was. It was definitely familiar, calming almost. I smelled water, pine, and salty air. I could feel a soft, cool breeze blowing incessantly. The sound of leaves blowing in the wind.

Once we came to a stop, I felt someone begin to untie the cloth covering my eyes. it was pulled off in one swift motion, allowing me to open my eyes. I blinked rapidly, adjusting to the sudden shinning light before a figure came into view.

Sirius.

He stood tall holding a beautiful arrangement of multicolored roses, my favorite kind of flower. A nervous, excited smile on his handsome face. We were at the edge of the Black Lake, our spot. He ran a hand through his mane and huffed before walking to us confidently.

"Sirius?" I breathed, confusion lacing my voice. He smiled so beautifully it made my heart ache.

"Genevieve Euphemia Potter." He began wearing a slight smirk. "You are a bloody mess. You are the most confusing, bossy, stubborn girl I've ever met." He chuckled. I bit my bottom lip to keep myself from smiling.

"But, you are also the most beautiful, most compassionate, and genuine girl I've ever met. And I cannot seem to stay away from you, no matter how hard I try. You were always there, always nagging me. It took me five years to realize that I'd fallen for you." He breathed earnestly. A gasp escaped my parted lips. Tears began to form in my eyes as I sucked in a sharp breath.

"I'll be damned if I let you get away again, Potter. I don't give a fuck about what's happened lately, I want you." He breathed in deeply and extended the gorgeous bouquet towards me. "So, will you do me the honor of finally becoming mine, kitten?"

A large grin broke out onto my face and I bolted towards him, jumping into his arms. He instinctively caught me and spun me around before setting me back onto the ground. He caressed my cheek gently before pulling me into a deep kiss. The passion exceeded both of our previous kisses immensely. It felt as if my heart was exploding from the amount of sheer joy I was feeling inside me. I could hear the loud cheering from our friends behind me but I didn't really care.

I was his and he was mine. Finally.

I pulled out of the kiss and rubbed my thumb along his cheek gingerly. "Wha- how the hell... explain?" I stuttered while giggling.

He chuckled lowly. "Well, uh- I told Moony about what had happened between us and he of course told Marlene who passed it along to Lily. They had the brilliant idea of bringing us together. So I suppose I should credit them a little, even though it was mostly me." He muttered cockily. I giggled and shook my head.

"Oh!" He exclaimed suddenly before searching his pockets. "I'd almost forgotten about this." He muttered, pulling out a beautiful charm bracelet. My charm bracelet. I quickly reached for the beautiful jewelry.

"How the hell did you find it?! I threw it in the lake months ago!" I exclaimed as I clutched the bracelet to my chest. Sirius scoffed softly and shoved his hands into his pockets with his head down. He seemed somewhat bashful.

"Well, Lily told me about how you'd thrown it into the lake when the horrid business between Douglas and I occurred, so I, of course, had to find it. After trying the summoning charm consistently for hours with nothing to show for it, just as I was about to leave, the giant squid poked me with his tentacle. So, I tickled him a little bit since it seemed like he wanted the attention. While I was tickling him, another one of his tentacles shot out from the water and on it was the bracelet. It was like he knew." Sirius shrugged, wearing his handsome smirk.

"Bloody hell." I muttered shaking my head. He scoffed and took the bracelet from my hands before clasping it onto my thin wrist, where it belongs. He slid his hand from my wrist to my hand and intertwined ours.

"You're my kitten." He whispered softly. I bit my bottom lip gently.

"And you're my dog."

"No, no. No, that doesn't have the same ring to it." He refuted while shaking his head disapprovingly.

"What? Come on, dog." I pleaded, feigning innocence.

"Gen, no." He said seriously while pointing a finger at me.

"You can't stop me!" I yelled gleefully as I pulled out of his grip and began running, beckoning him to chase me.

"Bloody hell. Stubborn, that one." Sirius muttered to Remus while gazing at me with a smile on his lips. In an instant he ran for me, I squealed and bolted. He caught me a lot faster than I had anticipated and spun me around to face him. I bit my bottom lip as I wrapped both of my arms around his neck.

"Finally." I murmured before pulling him into a deep kiss.

"Soooo." Marlenes's drawn out voice interrupted.

Sirius and I pulled out of the kiss and turned to her. She wore an amused smirk on her face as if a hilarious thought popped into her blonde little head.

"Who's telling James?"

With those three little words, our entire mood shifted. Sirius and I gazed at each other fearfully.

"Fuck."

A/N-
Yay! They're finally official! I love all of the positive reception I've received from this story. I've been checking my demographics, and apparently there are people from Hungary, Brazil, Australia, and loads of other countries! That's amazing! I appreciate all of you so much.
Also, as an aside, I was think of maybe doing a "get to know the author" kind of thing. Let me know if that would be an interesting thing to do or not!
Love you! Favorite & comment!!
Xxx