xiv. by my side

February 9th, 1978
12:46 pm

February 9th, 197812:46 pm

"He knows, Lil... I know he does. Why else would he not visit me?"

Lily pursed her light pink lips together. She was at a loss for words. "You need to talk to him, Gen. You're not the only one who lost Aidan... Sirius did too." She said softly.

I inhaled sharply. Aidan... my son. It's been a week since I've woken and I'm finally able to leave the hospital wing. Dumbledore was right, this pain... it hurts worse than the cruciatus curse and poison combined. But everyday gets a little easier than the one before... especially with Lily by my side.

"I will. I'll talk to him. He deserves to know everything." I muttered finally. Lily smiled and pulled me into a tight hug. Her eyes traveled down to the necklace clasped around my neck as she released me.

"He spent days perfecting that charm, you know. I had to make him go to class. He acted as if he was able to perfect that charm, it would save your life and everything would be okay."

A smile tugged at the corners of my lips. "He did alright with it." I muttered softly while admiring it. I'll never admit it to the moron, but he is the best brother in the entire world.

I inhaled deeply remembering what I had to do before exhaling sharply. "I'll let you know how it goes." I said faking confidence although my hands were shaking violently.

*

I had already searched most of his favorite spots which only left one. Our spot. As I fast walked towards the beautiful, gleaming water, I could feel the anxiety bubbling up inside me. Thousands of scenarios of what could happen playing on a loop in my head.

The loop paused when I caught a glimpse of a figure sitting at the shoreline of the lake, peering out over the water. He sat so still. So calm. Almost mirroring the lake before him perfectly.

I inhaled deeply and picked up my pace towards him. I stopped once I was a good foot from him, his back still to me.

"You found me." He muttered, his voice low and calm.

"You're not exactly a mystery, Sirius." I answered softly, a slight scoff escaping my lips. He stood slowly and cleaned the dirt from his slacks. His piercing grey eyes were so intense, I had to look away.

"You know..." I trailed unable to find the words. Sirius's silence was enough of an answer.

"I'm sorry." I muttered. My throat was dry and my pale hands were shaking so bad I had to cross my arms in front of me.

"You're sorry?" He asked, his voice low and monotone. Finally, I looked back into his grey eyes to find them filled with hot tears.

"Sirius..."

"No! You didn't tell me, Genevieve! You kept it a secret! I have been grieving a child that I never even knew about!" He yelled, his voice breaking slightly as the hot tears rolled down his face. I bit my bottom lip as the lump in my throat grew.

"How could I tell you? How could I tell you that after a couple months of dating that I was pregnant? That I was bringing a child into the world where a power hungry snake was going around murdering innocents? Please, tell me how I could have!" I yelled while breathing heavily, the tears streaming down my face.

He wiped away the tears roughly with the back of his hand before breathing in deeply.

"It doesn't matter how long we've been together... I fell in love with you long ago, Gen." He said, a soft smile on his face. "You should have told me."

He pulled me into a tight embrace once he noticed my broken state. His strong arms holding me like I would break if he let go. Which to be honest, I might have. My hands gripping the fabric of his shirt so tightly that my knuckles were turning white. A sob escaped my lips.

"I'm here, Gen. You're not going through this alone. I love you, kitten. I love you." He muttered as he kissed my forehead. I felt something wet land on the top of my head. He was crying too.

"His name was Aidan. Aidan Sirius Black." I mumbled shakily.

"It's okay, kitten. We'll be okay." He mumbled while running his fingers through my hair.

After what felt like hours of standing there, he released me. The tears had dried on my face and the sobs had finally stopped. He caressed my face as he ran his thumb over my cheek, wiping away the residue that the violent tears had left.

"Come on, kitten." He beckoned, his gentle smile taking over his handsome face.

"Where?" I questioned, my voice cracking due to crying as long as I did.

He held out his hand as he gestured towards the castle. "To our friends."

I smiled softly and nodded before taking his calloused hand that fit perfectly in mine. We headed towards the Gryffindor common room where each one of our friends sat patiently.

Their faces lit up noticing us walk through the Fat Lady's portrait. My brother nearly pushed everyone out of the way to scoop me into a tight hug but Remus tackled him to the ground midway to get to me first. The girls and Peter sat on the couches snickering at the scene before them. After weeks, a loud, genuine laugh escaped my lips.

Dumbledore was right. Each day gets a little easier. Especially with the marauders by my side.

A/N-
I told you it would get happier again! I honestly adore Genevieve and Sirius. And I think I've decided on the ship name Sirivieve. Idk, I like it lol. (:
Vote & comment, guys!
Xxx