Chapter 10

[Sophia]

I wake up with a terrible headache and I notice I'm still in my dress from last night. Oh boy. How much did I drink? I text Harry.

Me: Good morning.

Harry: Good morning babe. How are you feeling?

Me: I have an awful headache. How much did I drink at the party last night?

Harry: Somewhere around 15 shots, I think.

Me: OMG! Did I do anything stupid?

Harry: No don't worry. I just had to carry you into your house last night.

Me: I'm so sorry.

Harry: It's fine. Do you want to hang out later?

Me: Sure what do you want to do?

Harry: I want to take you out on a date. How about I pick you up at 6? Dress nice.

Me: Sounds good to me. See you then babe.

We are finally going on a real date. I need to find something to wear. I run downstairs and my mom is sitting at the kitchen island. "Hey, mom. I have a question." I say and she hums in response indicating that I should continue. "Harry wants to take me out tonight so, what should I wear?" "I don't know let's go to your closet and pick something out." She says and we go to my room. My mom picks out a dress that is sheer fabric and reaches the floor. It has a tan slip under it that reaches mid-thigh and it has many slits. She also selects and pair of nude heels that her and my dad got me for my 18th birthday. I curl my hair and do my makeup. For jewelry I wear and Alex and Ani bracelet that my dad got me for my 16th birthday.It will be 3 weeks since he died tomorrow. I feel tears fill my eyes, but I take a deep breathe and go downstairs.

[Harry]

I get to Sophia's right on time and knock on the door. Her mom answers, "Hi Harry. How have you been?" "Good how about you?" I ask and she replies, "It's almost been 3 weeks since Sean died and that's been hard. Other than that I've been good." "I'm so sorry for your loss Emily." I say as I hug her and then Sophia comes down. Man, does she look good. "Let's go!" She says as she walks up to me. I nod and we leave.

[Emily]

After Sophia and Harry leave, I go upstairs and pull out the box I found in Sean's office. I haven't gone through it yet but I wanted to wait until Sophia was out of the house. I open it and see a bunch of envelopes with names on them. One says, Sophia's graduation, another says, Sophia's wedding day. There is one that says, Sophia and one that has my name on it. There is one that specifically catches my eye, because it says, Harry on it. There is a piece of paper at the bottom that has instructions on it.

Give these letters to the people whose name are on it. If it doesn't have a when give it to them as soon as possible.

I decide to read mine.

Dear Emily,

I am so sorry that I had to leave you so soon, but God knows what he's doing. I love you so much and I will always love you. You are the light that guides me through the darkest night. I just want to say that you shouldn't let my death control your life in the future. All I ever wanted and want is for you to be happy. So get back out there when you're ready. I hope that when the time is right, that you find someone who will love you as much as I did. I know that you will get through this because you are strong and powerful. I am so grateful for the time that we had together and am so glad that I married a woman like you. Once again I am sorry for leaving you and I love you.

Love, Sean.

I will give Harry his letter when he brings Sophia back.

****

I hear a car door and know that they are back.

[Harry]

We get to Sophia's and I walk her to the door. "I had a great time tonight, thank you." Sophia says before she shuts the door. I start to walk back to my car when I hear the door open again. "Harry, I have something for you." Emily tells me and hands be a envelope with my name on it. "What is this?" I ask and she replies, "I don't know but it's from Sean." I nod and get in my car. Then drive off. When I get home I run upstairs and open the envelope. I unfold the paper and read it.

Dear Harry,

I remember when you came to me 4 years ago and that advice is still my true thought. You are a good person and I know that you and Sophia will end up together I just know it. I will be watching over you both. Be smart Harry. If you hurt her or she hurts you, you will make it through because you truly love each other and true love doesn't disappear that easy.

Sean.

*flashback*

"Sean I need to talk to you." I say and he takes me into his office. "What is it Harry?" He asked me and I reply, "I am in love with Sophia and I want to tell her but I don't want to ruin our friendship." "Well if you were any other boy I would probably kick you out because you are too young for love. But I see the way you look at her, I can tell that you really do love her. So here is one piece of advice. You don't have to tell her now but eventually you need to. I know she feels the same way, and has the same concerns. If you end up dating, don't ever let her go, no matter what happens. If one of you does something to mess up. Don't let her go because there is chance you would lose her forever. She loves you too."

*end of flashback*

[Sophia]

I got back down stairs after changing into my pj's. My mom hands me an envelope and says, "Go read it." Then goes up to her bedroom. I go to mine and sit on my bed.

Dear Sophia,

I am sorry that I had to leave you. I am sorry that I won't get to see you graduate or get married. I love you so much. I just couldn't fight anymore. I know how strong you are and I know you will get through this. Don't let my passing hold you back in anyway. When you were born, I think I was the happiest man alive. I was holding my baby girl. I know that I wasn't always the perfect dad, but I tried my best to be a good enough dad. You and your mom mean so much to me and I will watch over both of you. I remember teaching you how to ride a bike and taking you to your first concert with your mom. You brought me so much joy in the 18 years I was blessed to be with you. Life is too short. If you find something that brings you joy, fight to keep it. I did. I fought for 4 years to stay with you and your mom, but I lost the fight. I love you so much Sophia. Until we meet again.

Love, Dad.

A tear fell on the letter and I set the letter down. I cried and screamed into my pillow. I just want to know why he had to be taken away from me. I want to know what he did to deserve losing his life so young. But I will probably never get those answers.