Chapter 14

*3 months later*

[Sophia]

It is now Labor day weekend and I am flying to LA to see Julie and Zayn. I am so excited to see them. They started dating shortly after I left. I had to get a new phone and lost all my contacts, but I found Julie and Zayn's number. "Now boarding flight 258 New York City to Los Angeles." I hear over the intercom. I show the lady my ticket and get on the plane. I put in my earbuds and play music. Better In Time comes on and I start to cry because it makes me think of Harry. I need to get over him, it's been 3 months.

****

I am now waiting at the airport for Zayn and Julie to get here. They get here and Julie gives me the biggest hug ever. I give Zayn a hug and then we go to Julie's house which is where I'll be staying while I'm here for these 4 days. "So how's New York?" Julie asks and I answer, "It's good but I love LA way more. I got the money from my dad and I was thinking about moving back here but..." I trail off. "Harry." Julie says finishing my sentence. I nod and Zayn speaks up, "I heard that he hasn't hardly left his house the last few months. Which is really unlike him." "How do you know?" I ask and Julie answers, "We ran into Gemma and we started hanging out with her. She's really cool. She's also really worried about Harry." "Oh yeah Gemma is awesome we got pretty close before Harry bullied me. But back to Harry, he made himself clear before I left. I went to his house like you recommended and I told him that I was sorry and I still love him. He didn't say anything back and he didn't come after me. I had to get a new phone in July as I told you both but before that he didn't try to contact me. So I guess it's really over between us." I say and Zayn says, "Wait you don't know?" "Know what?" I ask but before Zayn can answer I hear a knock on the door. Julie answers it and Gemma walks in. "Gemma!" I say as I run to hug her. "Hi Sophia!" she says and asks, "How are you liking New York?" "It's ok but I miss LA so much. I was going to move back but it's hard for me to be here. How's Harry?" I ask trying to take the subject off of me, but why did I have to bring up Harry. "Honestly he's been miserable since you left." "Really?" I ask and she nods. "Oh what were you talking about before Gemma got here Zayn? What don't I know?" He looks at Gemma and she answers, "Harry went to the airport after you left our house that day. He told me that he saw you get on the plane. He was too late." My mind runs in all different directions. So he did come after me. "Are you serious?" All three of them nod. "Well why didn't he call me or text me?" I ask and Gemma says, "He said he wanted to say it in person, he said it wasn't something that should be said over text." "Oh well what do you guys want to do?" I asked changing the subject. "Movie night?" Julie asks and we all nod. Julie makes popcorn and we watch Neighbors. We all laugh and have a great time. We end up watching Neighbors 2 also. By the time both movies are over it's 10 p.m. Zayn and Gemma leave and Julie and I go up to her room to get ready for bed. "So are you gonna go talk to him?" She asks and I reply, "I don't know. Maybe." "Am I going to have to set up an intervention type thing where I tell you we are having lunch or something and have him there or are you going to do this on your own? I mean you both have feelings for each other so what are you waiting for?" She asks and I answer, "Okay. Fine. I'll go talk to him. No need for an intervention type situation." She gives me a satisfied smile and we fall asleep.

[Harry]

It is a little after 10:30 and I hear Gemma come home. I walk out of my room and go into hers. "Where were you?" I ask and she answers, " I was uh... I was at Julies. Sophia is here visiting her and we had a movie night. It was Julie, Zayn, Sophia and me." "oh." I say looking down at my feet. I start to walk out of her room but she says, "She asked about you." "Really? What did she say?" I ask and she replies, "She just asked how you were." "Oh well goodnight." I say and walk out of her room. I lay in my bed and try to fall asleep, but I can't. I keep thinking about Sophia. Is this my chance to talk to her? I start writing, which is what usually do when I can't sleep. I have been doing a lot of it since Sophia left. I thought about what she said about singing and stuff. I've always known how to play the guitar but I actually put it to use now. I write songs and almost all of them have been about Sophia. I finish a song and realize that it's 2 in the morning. I put my pen and paper down and fall asleep.

[Sophia]

I wake up and check my phone. I notice that Julie is already up. I walk into the kitchen and see her singing with a spatula, while making breakfast. I try to hold in my laughter but fail. She jumps at my laughter since she didn't know I was up. She hits her head on the cabinet door that she left open and I laugh even harder. She starts laughing too and it kind of reminds me of when Harry was dancing around at my house making breakfast.

*flashback*

I walk into the kitchen and see Harry dancing around while singing all while he is cooking. I smile and walk up to him and wrap my arms around him from the back. "Oh my gosh! You almost gave me a heart attack." He says and I laugh. "I'm getting you back for that."

*flashback ends*

We calm down and I wipe the tears that I got from laughing so hard away. "Are you okay?" I finally ask her, "Yeah I'm fine. What do you want to do today?" She asks and I answer, "Can we go to the beach?" "Yes of course." We eat breakfast and we each pack a bag for the beach. I grab my towel and we drive to the beach.

****

"That was fun." I say as I fall onto Julie's couch. It is 4 in the afternoon and we got to the beach at noon. I am exhausted. "Yeah it was. I just wish you lived here so we could do that every weekend." She replies and I say, "Yeah." We order pizza and watch Pretty Little Liars. It is now 10 and we go to bed.

I wake up at around 9 and Julie wakes up right after me. We eat cereal and I go upstairs to take a shower. I put on a pair of jean shorts and a crop top on. I apply mascara and highlighter, then throw my hair into a messy bun. I grab my phone and go downstairs. "Can I borrow your car?" I ask Julie and she says, "Yeah why?" "There is something I need to do." I answer she nods and gives me the keys. I get in and drive to Harry's.