Chapter 18

[Harry]

So it is Christmas Eve and Sophia's mom is here. We are all going to my house tomorrow for Christmas. Zayn and Julie are going to be there. Today we just relaxed and it is 10 p.m. I am in our room while Sophia is in the bathroom getting ready for bed. Her mom is staying at my parents house. I am messing with the little box that is in my hand when Sophia walks in. I immediately shove it in my clothes drawer and close it. "Is everything ok?" She asks and I say, "Y... Yea everything is fine." That was close. She gets on the bed and I walk over and join her. The last two months our relationship has gotten way more intimate. "I love you." I say and she says, "I love you too." I shut the lamp off and wrap my arm around her. I fall asleep almost instantly.

I wake up and I feel like a little kid at how excited I am for today. The only person that knows about the plan today is Zayn. I get up and go into the kitchen. I eat some breakfast and Sophia walks into the kitchen in just a t-shirt. "Merry Christmas." She says and walks over to kiss me. "Merry Christmas." I say and then walk into our room. We are supposed to be at my parents house at 2 and it is currently 11 a.m. Sophia walks in and says, "I'm going to shower." I say, "Ok." and she walks into the bathroom. I call Zayn and he picks up after the first ring. "Hello?" "Hey." I say and he replies,, "What's up?" "Not much just getting nervous." I say. "Don't worry it will be fine, we've been planning this for a month." He says and I say, "Yea you're right. See you later." "Yep." With that he hangs up. "I've got this." I say to myself. Sophia soon gets out of the bathroom and I go in to take my shower. When I get out I see Sophia struggling to zip up her dress. So I go up to her and zip it for her. Her dress is red and fits all her curves perfectly. It is almost one and I am getting dressed. I am wearing black skinny jeans and a black button up shirt. Leaving the first couple buttons undone like usual. Sophia goes into the bathroom and I grab the little box out of my drawer and put it in my pocket. Then I go sit on the couch. We have to leave here in about 40 minutes. Sophia is still getting ready.

[Sophia]

I feel like Harry is hiding something. Last night he was acting weird when I came out of the bathroom. He was also talking to someone when I got in the shower and I don't know who. Oh well. I curl my hair and do my makeup which takes me about a half hour. I grab my purse and slide on my heels. "Are you ready?" I hear Harry yell from down stairs. I run out there and say, "Yep." We walk out of the apartment building and get in his car. We get to his parents and get out of the car. We walk to the door and walk in. There is so much food here it's crazy. This is going to be so fun.

****

It is now 7 and we are opening presents. It's my turn but before Anne hands me the gift from her and Robin, Harry stands up. "I have something for you first." He says and Zayn grabs the guitar that is sitting next to the couch and hands it to Harry. "This is a song that I wrote for Sophia a while ago. When we weren't talking." Harry starts playing the guitar and then Zayn starts to sing. (Over Again by One Direction)

Zayn: Said I'd never leave her

Cause her hands fit like my t-shirt

Tongue tied over three words, cursed

Running over thoughts that made my feet hurt

Bodies intertwined with her lips

Harry: Now she's feeling so low

Since she went solo

Hole in the middle of my heart like a polo

And it's no joke to me

So can we do it all over again

Both:If you're pretending from the start

Like this, with a tight grip