Chapter 34 | sinking

You stood up and brushed off your dress.

"What was that bang just now?" You asked.

"I'm not sure" Adrian replied as you pulled him into his feet.

Suddenly there was a clanging sound, and water began pouring in from the windows and doors.

"WERE SINKING!"

Adrian grabbed your hand pulled you up the stairs and down the hallways.

"We have to get to the deck! I know those shoes aren't that comfortable, but run as fast as you can!" He exclaimed.

You picked up speed as water began rising quickly, making the bottom of your dress soggy and heavy but you kept running. You ran and you ran until you reached the deck.

Flares were going off, people were panicking, life boats were already being lowered. You stopped for a moment and Adrian looked around, before pulling at at top speed through the crowds and over to familiar faces.

"PHANTOMHIVE!"

Ciel turned his attention to the two of you, Lizzy had been passed out, behind held up by her brother.

"Undertaker, (y/n)! You ok?" He asked.

"Were fine, please get (y/n) onto a life boat"

"WHAT! WHAT ABOUT YOU? IM NOT LEAVING YOU!" You yelled.

"(Y/n), I'm not having you at risk. I promise I'll find you and take you home. Please just get onto a lifeboat, I'll be fine, you know the plan, everything will be ok" he said.

"N-no... I can't leave you! What if something happens!"

You felt tears began to fall down your cheeks.

"(Y/n)... please"

He was trying to protect you, he needed you safe. You knew that he couldn't die, but you were still so worried.

"Ok..."

He pulled you into a hug and kissed your forehead.

"You'll be alright. I'll be alright ok?"

"Ok..." you sobbed.

You broke the hug and turned to Ciel and the others.

"We have to stay on for a while longer, Lizzy, Snake and the others will go with (y/n)" Sebastian explained.

"Thank you, keep her safe please... She's my treasure..."

"Understood, come (y/n)" Sebastian said.

You stepped onto the lifeboat with Snake and Lizzys family.

"I promise I'll come get you" Adrian said.

"I love you!"

"I love you too!"

And with that the boat was lowered into the water, and began to sail away from the sinking ship as you sobbed into your hands.

"(Y/n) dear, he'll be ok" Francis said, putting a hand on your shoulder.

"I'm so scared for him..." you said in a small voice.

"He'll be back... says, Emily" Snake, or rather Emily added.

You wiped your eyes and found Edward had wrapped a blanket around you as he held his unconscious sister up.

You wiped your eyes and took a deep breath.

"T-thanks" you replied.

You looked back at the ship, that was staring to tilt badly... Adrian better be ok.