Things Are Normal

YOUR POV:

Me and Anti were outside behind our house in the forest. We had brought out a small lunch with lemonade, sandwiches, and a bunch of small fruits, and we set down a pic-nic blanket in a flat area of the ground. I brought out a few pieces of paper, my pencils, an eraser, and my markers I got last year for my birthday. He brought out his phone and my small speaker for a little bit of music playing in the background as we talked, ate, and drew.

I felt him playing with my hair as I drew a picture of the both of us, and a small shiver went down my spine. He moved my hair out of the way of my face, tucking it behind my ear as I picked up the drawing. I had just finished the line art on it, and was about to colour it.

"How does it look?" I asked as I held it up so he could look at it. He leaned in closer and I smiled and blushed.

"It looks beautiful...like you..." He whispered as he started kissing my neck. I turned so I could kiss him back and I tugged on his hair a little.

"Marry me...?" He snuck in when he let go to take a breath. I shook my head no.

"Only if you turn me into a demon." I smirked.

"I will...if you'll marry me." He laughed.

"I don't know...marriage...it's...I've seen it...it didn't go well..." I stuttered. I barely knew how to describe it.

"You've been married before!?" He said in shock. I lightly punched his shoulder and laughed.

"Not what I meant!" I said. "I mean that my mom's marriage with my dad...wasn't really that good..." I sighed.

"What happened?" Anti sighed as well as he rubbed my shoulder.

"Well...I don't know much since how he left after a month of me being born, but my mom told me stuff about him before she started drinking a lot." I started.

"She used to hit her...a lot. And I know that's not something you'd do, but they would get into so many fights; physical and verbal. She said that he would go out to bars and hook up with different women, and he would just barely be in the house. It was absolutely ridiculous."

"And when they finally did get a proper divorce, wasn't until I was seven years old, when my mom had just enough money for it. A lot of marriages end up in divorce."

I sighed, and was about to start colouring the drawing, until Anti grabbed my waist and pulled me into his lap.

"Well, the amount of demons that divorce others is very low." He laughed, and kissed me again.

He then asked again. "Marry me, Y/N." I laughed a little as I backed away from the kiss.

"I can't." I said as I shook my head 'no'. "I'm meeting Lizzy at Emily's hair salon at four." I gathered up my drawing things, and I kissed him before fully standing up and walking back to the house to get ready. I heard him shuffle things around, picking up the pic-nic blanket and basket. I went inside to put away my art supplies, and grabbed the car keys and leather jacket before leaving for the hair appointment.

(Time skip)

I pulled into the parking lot, and saw Lizzy getting out of her car as I pulled in. I parked into the parking spot right next to her car, and decided to be that friend and park quite close to hers. I got out of the car and walked to her as she stared at me raising one of her eyebrows.

"Yes, I'm gonna buy you a waxing for your eyesbrows." I joked as I waved at her to keep walking. She laughed and we walked inside.

We entered the salon, and it's like a giant can of hairspray slaps you across the face. It's the very first thing you smell, and then it's the varieties of shampoo and conditioner they have. We walk in and there's a small seating area to the left, and a small counter ahead of us with a coffee maker and different mugs and different small decorations. There were four chairs to get a haircut at, and two washing stations as well. There was a small bathroom, a small kitchen, and a make-up station at the back of the building as well. We are greeted with girls laughing with one of the clients sitting in a chair.

"Hello!" Emily said as she cut the client's hair.

"Hey Emily!" Lizzy said as she handed me her coat. I sigh and throw it onto the couch in the seating area.

"Y/N!" Emily said as she walked over to me and have me a hug. "How is everything?"

"It's been going really well!" I replied.

"How's everything with Sean?" She said with a concerned look. She must've remembered my birthday party from last year.

"Everything's back to normal. We're back together, and things are...good!" I said. I didn't really want to tell Emily that he wanted to marry me. I didn't really want to tell Lizzy either. Besides, I'd need to actually answer Anti with a yes if I was gonna tell them.

I sat in a chair by a shelf full of different types of soap and waited for Lizzy's hair appointment to be done. I didn't really want one, need one, or have the money for one.

"So, what are we doing with your hair today Y/N?" Emily asked as she put foils into Lizzy's hair.

"Nothing today." I said.

"Nothing!? Oh come on! You're definitely due for something...New." She sighed.

"Something new?" I laughed. "What could that be?"

"Well, you're always wearing your hair normal and straight, but I think we need to curl it up a bit, maybe add a bit of a red, maybe burgundy tint to your hair." Emily explained.

"Uhh...red?" I asked as I remembered Dark. He hasn't answered any of my calls or texts. I've been trying to contact him in at least some way, but he won't answer anything. Lizzy looked at me, and she knew that I was thinking about him.

"Okay, no red then." Emily laughed a little.

(Another time skip)

I paid for Lizzy's hair and wax, and hugged Emily before finally leaving the cloud of hairspray called a salon. I sighed as I walked over to the cars and I leaned up against mine before getting in. Lizzy did the same across from me, and put her hand on my shoulder.

"You okay?" She asked, concerned.

"Eh...not really...I don't know why Dark won't answer my calls or texts." I said.

"What happened the last time you talked?" She crossed her arms.

"Well...him and Anti got of gotten into a fight. Dark was trying to apologize and one of his actions, I guess took it too far. Anti got mad and pushed him away from me, and then some more stuff happened, but then I got in between them. Dark gave a dirty look at Anti and walked away. I haven't spoken or seen him since." I explained as my eyes started to swell from slight tear build-up. Lizzy embraced me in a hug, testing her head on my shoulder, and me doing the same.

"Why don't you try giving him a call?" She whispered as she rubbed my back. I let go, and she did as well.

"I've tried that. He never answers." I looked down.

"Just try one more time. If not, he's missing out, even though your taken." She laughed. I laughed as well, and and we said our goodbyes as we got into each of our cars. She pulled out of the parking lot while I dialed Dark's number on my phone.

It started to ring.

"Please pick up..." I whispered to myself as I sat in my car.

But it kept ringing...

And ringing...

And it rang some more.

"Hey, this is Darkiplier. I'm probably busy and can't answer the phone, or I'm just an a**hole and don't want to answer the phone. Leave a message if you want." His voice came over the phone, but it was his out-going message. I sighed, rolled my eyes, and started to leave another message.

"Hey Dark...umm...I don't really know why you're not answering me, but I just wanna...make sure you're okay I guess...I don't really know how to explain it..but..ugh...give me a call when you can alright? Thanks...I'll...see you soon..?" I said awkwardly over the phone. I hung up and put my phone in the center console. I sighed over dramatically and leaned my head back, putting my hands on my face.

"Why the f*** won't he answer me?" I said to myself. I tried to shrug it off as I started my car and started to drive back home.