Never Knows When To Quit

YOUR POV:

We arrived as everyone else finished up fighting as well. Wilford slammed one more guy to the ground, and then brushed himself off. I saw Dark in the corner of my eye, and he widened his eyes and smiled at me.

"Y/N!" He yelled.

"Dark!" I looked at Anti, and he let me go. I ran over to Dark, and hugged him. He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck, and I nuzzled mine into his chest.

"I was so worried...are you okay?" He asked.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine. How about you?" I replied.

"I'm okay...now that I know you're still alive." I blushed.

I heard a quick girlish scream from behind me, and looked in that direction. I saw Amy, struggling to keep someone off of her. It was someone from the army. Dark quickly ran over to her and kicked the person away, but not for long. Dark started walking towards me again, but the person ran behind him.

"Dark! Look out!" Wilford yelled. Dark looked behind him, and the person wrapped his arms around him, crushing Dark's ribs. He screamed in agony.

"Dark! No!" I screamed. I ran over to him as Wilford ran over t the person, and killed them quickly.

"Dark...D-Dark, a-are you..." I said as I kneeled down to him. He didn't answer. All he did was breathe heavily and hold his side's in pure pain.

"Dark, you shouldn't have done anything! I had it all under control!" Amy yelled.

"Just go, Amy! We don't need your two cents at the moment." Wilford said unexpectedly. She widened her eyes and put the hood of her sweatshirt up. She walked away.

Wilford, Dr. Iplier, Chase, and Jameson lifted up Dark and carried him to the car.

"We'll take care of him. You guys go home and get some rest." Iplier said.

"No, I-I'm coming too." I insisted.

"No, you're not." Wilford answered. "It's been a long day. Go home with Anti." They all walked away. I sighed, and walked over to Anti. He wrapped me in his arms, and kissed the top of my head.

"I'll bring you to him." He whispered. I looked up at him with shock.

"R-really?" I stuttered.

Anti nodded. "If it's what you want, yes."

"Please!" I begged.

Anti nodded, and grabbed my hand, leading me to the car. "We'll wait until tonight." He whispered.

(Time skip)

Anti drove me back to Dark's house in secret, as I could only imagine how Dark was feeling. Hearing him grunt in pain...seeing him lying on the ground, nearly lifeless...it broke my heart. I needed to make sure he was okay.

Anti pulled over on the side of the road, and unlocked the door.

"You're not coming with?" I asked.

Anti shook his head. "Probably not the best idea. They didn't want you here, and if they knew I brought you, I'd be dead. Besides, I trust that you'll be fine."

"You have a point there." I opened the door, and stepped out of the car. "I'll be back soon." I closed the door, and ran through the woods to get to the house.

I saw Amy on my way by.

"Hi, Amy!" I said.

"Hey, Y/N." She answered. "Wait, Y/N!? Wait! They didn't want you here!"

"I don't care! I need to make sure Dark is okay!" I yelled as I ran. She chased after me.

I approached the house, and saw everyone standing outside of it, except for Dr. Schneep and Dr. Iplier. They must've been inside. Even Mark himself was here, pacing outside of the house.

"Is Dark oka-" my question was interrupted by Dark's agonizing screaming from inside the house. I felt my eyes well up with tears as I stared at the door, and felt everyone else stare at me.

"The doctors are breaking his bones back into place." Chase said, taking a swig out of a glass of whiskey.

"What are you doing here?" Wilford asked.

"I'm sorry, but I wanted to make sure he was okay." I sighed, and looked down at the ground.

"It's fine." He said. I looked back up, and looked at Mark.

"How's Mark doing? He seems worried." I said.

"I am! Dark was the first ego that was ever introduced to me or the channel! Everyone would be so disappointed."

Schneep walked out of the house, smiling and waving at me. Iplier walked out behind him, and walked over to Mark.

"Well, he should be fine." Iplier said to him. "There's nothing to worry about."

"Can I see him?" I asked.

"Yes. He's still in a bit of pain, but he should be able to communicate at least a little." I ran into the house.

I turned into a room, and saw Dark lying on a cot, with a blanket over him. He looked sweaty, and tired, and his black hair was stuck to his forehead.

"Y-Y/N?"

"Dark...?" I kneeled down next to him.

"Why are you here?"

"Everyone's asked me that, and I'll give you the same answer. I want to make sure you're okay."

"I appreciate that, but wouldn't you rather be with your fiance..."

"He brought me here to see you."

"Did he now?"

I nodded in response.

"I guess he isn't as bad as I thought." He gave out a weak laugh, and so did I.

"But you know..." Dark started. I sighed.

"I can give you so much more."

I rolled my eyes, and stood up. "Even on your deathbed, you still try to change my mind."

"Worth a shot, right?"

"Uh huh..." I said, crossing my arms. "Get better soon, okay? I'll see you later." I walked out of the house, and back outside.

"Is he alright?" Mark asked.

"Yeah. He's fine." I nodded.

Mark sighed with relief. "Thank god..."

"I'll see you guys later. I'm going home." I said, as I walked back into the woods, going back to Anti's car.

"How'd everything go?" He asked as I got in.

"Fine." I said, putting on my seatbelt. "He still tries to convince me that he's better for me than you, but other than that, good."

Anti shook his head, and laughed a little. "He never knows when to quit, does he?"

I giggled. "I guess not. Let's go home...I'm tired." He put the car in gear, and drove us home.