|09|

| K I M J A Y O U N G | 0 9 |

She had left a note for Minseok before coming out to meet up with her old childhood friend, Jimin

She had left a note for Minseok before coming out to meet up with her old childhood friend, Jimin. Again, the height of that boy surprised her once more when he stood close to her. He was always the shorter one, but not anymore.

They agreed to meet up at the local coffee shop near her previous home. Good thing that Jimin still thought that she was still in the same neighborhood. She didn't want to explain any of this mess to any one of her friends just yet. It would have probably caused quite a ruckus; moreover, this was the last semester. Jayoung didn't want to screw it up, letting her classmates bombing her with questions she wouldn't want to be answering anytime soon.

"I'm studying English Literature and Engineering." The same confidence was still there in her cocky friend.

"Wow, at the same time?" Jayoung was envious. Although she was one of the top scorers in class, she wasn't keen on handling too much all at once. She'd like to take things slow and steady. "That's amazing."

Jimin and Jayoung were four years apart, role-playing with one another every time they saw each other outside back in the days. Having a very civil conversation was a bit weird for the two of them, considering the past name callings and behaviors. However, it'd been three years since they'd spent any time with others.

It felt like everyone just decided to leave her when she needed them most.

She could tell the college boy wanted to ask about her sister. He had been good friends and did have a little crush on Soyoung. She couldn't blame him; her sister was charming and adorable despite her age.

"So, when are you finishing up high school?" His blue flannel was blinding to her. She had never seen him wore something so mature. The boy was known for his mischievous nature and his flamboyant styles.

"A little less than four months, I'll be having the national examination. All those kinds of things." Her vanilla chocolate ice cream was already melting, but she still shoved it into her mouth. Minseok did tell her once that he found melting chocolate ice cream was his favorite type of ice cream. Weird, but she did understand the appeal and taste of it now.

"Look, Yonggi-ah, I'm sorry that I wasn't there with you for the last three years. My parents told me what happened. And um... Congratulations?" Oh, of course, his parents did come to her wedding.  There went her effort trying to keep it a secret. "I feel like leaving you set us back to being strangers. It's ridiculous."

"Nah, none of your fault." He finished his dessert a long time ago and now was enjoying his own cup of espresso. Already, college life seemed to have taken a toll on him. "What about you?"

"Meh. Still gay." The boy shrugged it off like the three years of re-education didn't even happen at all. "They could convince me all they want, but that only pushed me further."