|66|

| C H A J A Y O U N G | 6 6 |

He was before her, slowly backing away and going towards someone else

She opened her eyes. Her vision blurred and she yawned her tears away. Her arms stretched and legs pulled. The night was especially cold right then. Her toes were stiff from the chilly wind as she forgot to close the window when she fell asleep.

The study here felt different from the study in Minseok's last place. It shouldn't give her such an icy sense, but it did. The walls blue, white, and black now seemed to convey another feeling she didn't anticipate living here. The books still gave her that same scent, but it stirred another emotion. All of those months lying in this place, waiting for him, waiting for the night to pass, this study could only do so much to calm her down.

She should be lying next to him, shouldn't she? They did ... make up the other day, right? But why did Minseok keep doing this to her?

4:20 am.

Jayoung put her last piece of clothing in the backpack and sat promptly against the headboard, staring at the empty windowsill. She held on close to her blankets as she waited for time to pass.

Soon, the doorbell rang.

"Come on, let's go!" Chef Yixing came to pick the two of them while the others waited in his van – some were already sleeping.

Without looking at each other, they got of the house with their belongings carried by Chef. Before leaving, she pressed a soft kiss on Chenchen and Chan, whispering sweet things. Maybe, next time, she could bring them with her, but for now, they had to stay. Luckily, Minseok had reassured her that Suho's wife would drop by to pick them up while they were off on vacation.

Now that she had to leave the dogs, she realized how much she was going to miss them. Even if it was just a few days, they could be worried about her too. These two had been comforting her for so long that she needed their help on a daily basis, especially since Minseok wasn't there for her.

Before Chef or Minseok could start, Jayoung stared at the backseat, "Omo, Chef!" Chef Kai's window was open and he heard her call when she approached his side of the van. The chef didn't really question and just happily greeted her back before opening the door for her to step in.

Knowing that they wouldn't be talking at all, Jayoung decided that it was better to just not sit next to Minseok, which saved everyone from having to deal with their tensed awkwardness.

Then, Chef Yixing was in the driver's seat with Minseok in the front with him, talking. Yeah... It's better that way.

There must be something in his mind that he wanted to say but couldn't bring himself to do so.

A long-drawn sigh and Chef Kai chuckled lowly beside her.

"Sleep if you're tired."

So she responded with a weak nod and rested her spinning head on his shoulder, shutting her eyes and hoping that the annoying feeling would go away.