|10|

| K I M M I N S E O K | 1 0 |

He was standing in front of the mirror, staring at nothing in particular

He was standing in front of the mirror, staring at nothing in particular. Himself in the reflection, he didn't notice, but he could see something or rather someone else.

She was there standing outside, waiting for him at the front door. For a second, he thought she was a ghost. A shadow of Soyoung coming back to haunt him, but it was just Jayoung. He was surprised, and it went away as soon as she whispered to him that his brother had been waiting to talk to him. The air smelt somewhat different when she was close.

He didn't know what to focus on at that point.

Suho was talking about the future of the company. Of course, that mattered more than anything, but a warm smile and an honest 'good luck' always brought him back from the bitterness he had against the man.

He'd be back again, he'd said.

"It's none of your faults."

It was a hug he didn't know he needed until he felt the strong embrace of the older man. They shouldn't be doing this. A childish thing to do, yet there they were. Two close but distant brothers holding one another as if to say they got each other's backs.

"Jayoung is nice. She cooks just like grandma."

Back in the days, the brothers were mostly neglected by their parents. They were occupied with the company work. Suho was always the one calming Minseok down when their parents decided to bail on them, not coming to each promised dinner, picnic, and countless occasions. Instead, their grandparents were in charge of looking after them.

It'd almost been two months since the first time she cooked for him, and of course, his brother wasn't mistaken.

The nostalgia and the happiness of childhood memories came back to him instantly, hitting him in the heartstring so heavy, he couldn't even hold eye contact with a 17-year-old kid.

"God damn it!" he beat the sink with his palm as he hissed at his own reflection.

Her hair looked really pretty under the moonlight that night. Maybe it was because that was the first time he saw her at night.

Why did Suho have to lean into her like that?

Didn't he know she was a minor?

The next second, he realized he, too, was old and he was no better than his brother. He was married to her, for god's sake!

"Oppa?" A small voice chirped cutely from outside his bathroom. "Is everything alright? I heard a lot of weird noises."

"No, no, no! Everything's alright!" He had the urge to open the door and talked to her face to face but changed his mind when it dawned on him that he only got a towel hanging from his waist.