|∞|

| E P I L O U G E | 0 1 |

This was one of the happiest moments of her life

Surely, she no longer had to deal with unnecessary advances, but then again... she didn't look at the part where all the main characters would fall in love with her. She just happened to trap the right man at the right time. That was all.

It felt strange that for most of her life, she spent trying to run away from relationships, but here she was in the arms' of a man she loved most. She used to be terrified that whoever she was going to be with would neglect her needs, her goals, forced her into unwanted positions and letting her stray from her purpose. She used to be terrified of the prospect that it would deter her from her dream, but really without this man, she didn't think that her dreams were ever possible in the first place.

Once she thought she had married a complete stranger. Now, this complete stranger was the only other person she knew best like the back of her hand.

There she gently swayed to the music in the embrace of the older man, who used to be shy in his touches, now gazed down towards her, enchanted, his hands strong and his moves precise. This time it wasn't her parents who broke the news to her. Nothing was out of the blue. They took their own time at their own pace.

Now, she had her say in many things. As much as she loved the older man, she couldn't stand the music taste influenced by his mischievous kitten best friend. She had to change that, and obviously no unwanted guests allowed here, she demanded, and those around her listened. Only with the ones she cared most. The evening breeze was calming against her skin. Her sunbaes and her best friends were here. That was enough. The older man had gotten his brother along with his wife and child and his best friends in of course.

Maybe, they were falling into the trap that their parents had set before them. From the start, it was their plan to set them up. But not like this, she giggled.

"Jayoung-ah..." even in a whisper, his voice set her heart on fire. Her hand pressed lightly on his chest pocket, feeling the beating of his heart galloping just as quickly as hers. "Something wrong? You need to sit down?"

She remembered wanting so bad to hate this man, but her plans backfired obviously. The worry in his silky voice remained the same. It was so easy to read him. She wasn't sure if he did the same to everyone, but to her, he always wore his heart on his sleeves. And she knew exactly when to rely on him and when he needed help.

The fact that she was wearing sneakers underneath all the layers of the Hanbok and still felt burning all around her feet made her not want to think if she had worn glass slippers. All of her bones would be broken at that point.

He rushed around looking for something for her to drink. Such a huge dork that old man.

A sigh.

Somehow, he looked comfortable in that suit. He used to look so cold and calculated whenever he had the business suit on, but with her in a white and blue Hanbok and contrasting his dark navy suit, he seemed more at ease.