|44|

| C H A J A Y O U N G | 4 4 |

They were sitting in a taxi, provided that Minseok lost his car to the countryside

They were sitting in a taxi, provided that Minseok lost his car to the countryside. She tried to keep her head straight, but she couldn't help peeking once in a while. The feelings were overflowing. It was almost impressive at the fact that she looked so calm while everything within her wanted to jump and scream at everything.

Minseok, on the other hand, just stared out the window peacefully in his own trance. The man looked like he was sleeping, lost in the night sky above, which she could understand. Tonight felt different. Everything was prettier to her.

She waited for him to finish up paying the taxi, hesitating to go in the house immediately. This strange tension she had never experienced before. A kind that made you suffocate in a good way, which was insane. Stressing out wasn't part of her grand plan in life, but this kept her on her feet.

Finally, their gaze met. No one was looking away. At one point, she didn't even blink, almost daring the man to a staring contest, expecting him to walk past and act as nothing happened.

To her dismay and thrill, he didn't look anywhere else but her.

Each step he took towards her stirred the butterflies in her stomach and once he was before her, she could feel the stars raining down on them. Or particularly on her. The way he looked at her at this moment was something she never saw a man do to her, making her feel special like she was desired.

That emotion she was feeling at this moment what she had been chasing all her life from everyone, but no one cared until this man came along. She wanted it so much she reached out to touch his cheek and it felt as smooth as before. She wanted to make sure he was really looking at her.

"Oppa?" the girl whispered weakly, hand slightly trembling at the touch.

"Hmm." Minseok just hummed as a reply, eyes closed with a sigh of relief.

The moonlight really lit up his handsome jet black hair and drizzled magic on his facial features, turning this man before her into a real-life painting. The fact that she could be this close was surreal, making the whole scene look like a perfect daydream, sending her further into a spiral of confusion.

"What's... this?"

When his eyes opened once more, the girl felt so small and scared. The depth in his stare seemed so intense she wanted to run away and hide from what could certainly pull her in, yet she stayed still as if she wanted to be lost in those eyes forever.

"This?" his hand suddenly held hers that was still caressing his cheek and slowly he led her hand to the nape of his neck all the while his other hand snaked up to her chin, slightly tilting her face up. "This is what I want."

That had definitely plucked out her heartstring. This happiness. There was so much of it in one sentence it hurt her physically and emotionally.

"You're the one I want."

She tried holding back tears, but one escaped cascading down her face and she felt his thumb brushing it away so tenderly she felt lightheaded.

She waited for him to do something, but it seemed like he wasn't going to move anytime soon. His hand finally left hers, leaving it on the back of his neck. Was she supposed to pull him in? Couldn't he do himself? She wasn't sure if she had enough strength to even stand at this point.

As his fingers softly traced her jaw, she decided to draw him closer. She could felt his muscles tensed in a blink of an eye, but he never stopped her.

"I really really like you, too." Maybe she shouldn't have said anything, but it felt like it'd kill her if she didn't reciprocate the feeling.

Luckily, he didn't mind her words. Surprisingly, he relaxed into her touch no longer baring rigid muscles under her small pressure. So close now lips slightly brushing as she could feel him smiling on her lips. Still, he didn't do anything, staying still, waiting for her.

Instead of pulling him in all the way, she tiptoed to close the distance between them.

As much as her crazy heartbeat was deafening her senses, the girl felt strange at this new sensation. She didn't know what to properly think of the way to appreciate what was going on. His lips were there for her for taking, but she fell stiff, not knowing what to do next after the initial touch. Her lips firm on his and with her eyes closed, she still wasn't sure if this was supposed to be right.

However, the moment he started moving, she almost lost her footing, but his free arm came to her rescue, keeping her in place. His lips so slowly pushing in on her was more than she could handle. She could tell he wanted to go further. She could feel it with his hand clutching and unclutching her shirt.

When she let out a small whimper, he thankfully drew back just far enough for her to breathe. She didn't think she could handle any more of this. Falling into his embrace, with all the strength she could still gather, Jayoung hugged him like she was losing him. Angrily pulling him against her, she wanted to make sure this wasn't a dream. And if it was, she prayed to God that this dream would never end. That she would never wake up from. That he would never leave her.

Minseok just took a deep breath and patted her on the back reassuring her. Just his heart beating against her was enough to get her high on this dream-like moment.

"It's not a dream, is it?" Minseok was glad to return the same desperate hold as he rested his chin on her head, arms holding her tight.

"No, it's not." His soothing voice setting her at peace.

"Are you going to forget this tomorrow?" she didn't want to say it out loud, but it was the ugly truth she needed to hear it herself.

His arms then ease her death grip on him and he drew back, looking into her eyes, hands on her cheeks. "Never. Until the day I die, I'm never going to forget it."

And when he leaned in to place an angel's kiss on her forehead, she believed him.