|48|

| K I M M I N S E O K | 4 8 |

They stood outside the restaurant with Jayoung still waving goodbye at Kai

They stood outside the restaurant with Jayoung still waving goodbye at Kai. Minseok smiled quietly to himself, not no longer bearing any strange feelings towards the cooks working for the old Chinese. If anything they could be there to protect her, probably better than he could.

When the girl turned back to him with a dazed look prettier than anything he had ever, he knew had to look away. As much as the feelings he had for her was overwhelming him, killing him, grazing at his delicate brain, wanting to do something, he pinched himself, bit the inside of his cheeks, deprived himself of air, constricting his own airway, looking up at the sky, blinking back away the tears.

He couldn't do anything.

He was still so far away from her.

He prayed to all the gods that he could run to her closer as time passed. And by the time he was there, he hoped that she would wait for him. She was still so young. Anything stupid and his friends in the police department would welcome him with open arms and a pair of handcuffs.

It was never going to work anyway. Not now.

So he returned the gaze with a simple quirk on his lips, nodding toward the direction of his car.

He could feel it.

He didn't want to say things like 'only age would give you wisdom,' but everything on her face was so apparent that he couldn't help chuckle at her indecisiveness to either hold his free hand or not. Sometimes, at the back of his mind, Minseok still sensed the vague little things she did to be half believable. Was she really sure that she wanted to kiss him? The pecks on his cheeks were merely pleasantries to her or were they not?

All of these emotions getting him high and then down within just a span of less than a day was more than enough for him to handle.

The next morning, he was slightly disappointed at the fact that Jimin came knocking on his door, but at the same time, he welcomed the kid a little bit too enthusiastically, arms flailing, hands sweating, legs shivering.

"My god, old man. You're a mess."

"Tell Jayoung, um- uh, I'll be back in a few hours." The man hastily grabbed his jacket on the clothes rack before adding, "and uh- tell her that she don't need to dress up. I – I got something in mind for her."

Before the kid could ask what the hell was going on, Minseok sped off to the place he knew that would certainly help him.

"My god, Minnie. You're a mess-"

"Oh, shut up!" throwing the small pillow at his best friend, Minseok just fell face-first into Jongdae's couch. Whimpering at how hot the ac was, he thought to himself, this man seriously needed to go see a dermatologist. Everyone was burning in the hot weather, and then you got Kim Jongdae dying in the Antarctic in the middle of the Sahara. "It's weird. It's still weird."