|11|

| K I M J A Y O U N G | 1 1 |

The bed felt strange to her. That was when she realized she had woken from a dream. Just seconds ago she was walking down an empty country road with Minseok peacefully as opposed to where she actually was – in her bed.

It was 4:35 am.

Her sister had always woken up before that. Everything she did was planned, calculated. Everything in her life had a purpose. But then it all went away. One thing that had no purpose. Or rather... One person.

The stars welcomed her gaze as they twinkled in the final hours of darkness. She let out a yawn and in the process, she shed a sleepy tear.

That one person also happened to offer what she had dreamt for a lifetime if you could count half of her childhood a lifetime. She knew she should angry at the person for her sister's death, but it didn't make sense. Everything didn't fall into place just yet.

It wasn't a tornado but rather a calm cold winter in her mind. She didn't know whole the story to be furious – even after three years.

The girl sat up in her newly decorated and colorful bedroom. There were plenty of anime accessories and merchandise on her desk and shelves while the houseplants including the fake ones were packed on the tiny windowsill and the top of the closet. Her green and yellow bedsheet and duvet were vibrant, making the whole room pop.

The bright light should be burning her eyes, but it gave comfort, providing the safety she needed to fall asleep. It was approaching the end of April, and her time in high school was about to end.

Jayoung tried not to think about the upcoming exams and other things [...] as she leaned on the headboard and examined the room.

She once thought the gray color was lifeless and bland when she first moved in, but the more she adorned her room with things of other different and lively colors, she realized a more fulfilling purpose of the color gray.

The fact that the gray was there in the background was that the other colors could shine and stand out in their way. It didn't try to steal the spotlight but rather help narrow our focus and highlight the shimmering things instead. The color never interfered or stood in the way of anything.

After thirty minutes of getting ready, she found herself smiling at the new calendar near the fridge in the kitchen.

April 16, 2017 – Party at a coworker's place, Incheon [he got a promotion]

That actually explained his empty bedroom. Incheon was far away; he had to wake up early to get there.

April 17, 2017 – Work, work, work

April 18, 2017 – Work, work, work :(