|20|

| K I M M I  N S E O K | 2 0 |

Just months ago, one day felt like a week

Just months ago, one day felt like a week. One week felt like a month. One month felt like a year. One year felt like an eternity. One eternity felt like hell.

After such a long time getting stretched out impossibly long, Minseok felt the passage of time flowing once more. Perhaps too quick for his likings.

What should have felt like another disoriented month, last week whisked by what felt like a minute. An intense minute full of action. The past three years condensed to a second couldn't even compare to how vibrant his life now.

The pink squirrel was back above the fridge.

His eyes stared the toy for god knew how long when he heard a buzz beside his glass of water. It was then he realized that it was getting close to midnight and he hadn't slept.

Hey, she okay there?

When he blinked, he felt the dryness scratched his wet eyelids. How long had he spaced out?

Of course, she fell asleep just now after some reviewing.

Good. Thank you. She's a lot more carefree these days.

How's so?

Well, she's happier. Something similar.

Finally, I can get some sleep.

Once more, not knowing how to end it, Minseok just left the conversation that way. It made sense for the childhood friend to check-in. Despite the other feelings, he did appreciate Jimin's concerns. It was also good to know that she too had a shelter ready for a retreat like he did.

5:34 am.

The backyard garden he had wasn't much of a garden.

Artificial grass spanned for five meters before hitting a grey wall three times his height. There was another house in the distance. His neighbor bought a bigger land with so much more to stare at. First, he didn't understand why he should bother getting so much space if it was going to be left unused. Now, he understood. Just a little.

He leaned back on his chair brought from the study, careful not to wake the girl up. It was sad to know he didn't even have a rocking chair or something spare for chilling outside. Then again, there was nothing to gaze at outside but the sky.

The man knew he should be sleeping but in a few more hours or so – probably in the afternoon – Jayoung was going to meet up with Rion.

A dry chuckle left his lips. He remembered how the woman complained about his backyard. A swing set and plenty of pot filled with different kinds of flowers she proposed to him.