|35|

| C H A J A Y O U N G | 3 5 |

After walking around the town for so long, Minseok suggested they take a train to the water city, Gujo Hachiman

This place was known for the intricate and beautiful waterways all across the town. The rivers and water canals. The sound of the water running alone was enough to refresh her worn-out mood and restore her energy once more.

The town seemed to blend the past and the future together. The concrete buildings with the bamboos stalls and shops adorned the crowded street with the handsome trees standing tall. The most beautiful thing out of these structures was that there were certain walkways that had the colorful koi fish swimming on the side of the road in the drainage canal with the vegetation growing just above it. Koi fish were everywhere at this point.

The girl watched the fish following her steps as she walked by. She marveled at the pretty carps. She wished Korea had the same sidewalk with a canal for them to swim like this. Minseok explained to her that not only this helped with the beauty of the street; the carps themselves were great cleaners, eating up organic waste and keeping the water clean. Some houses actually have a pool of carp just for cleaning vegetables and meat, and the best thing about them is that the water didn't need cleaning or purifying; the fish did all the work since it was their source of food.

"Wah~~ that's taking recycling to a whole new level..."

All of a sudden, she wanted to do the same thing. Maybe buying a house and building a pool then putting the carps in. She could get fresh water for cleaning groceries without wasting water.

"Hey, we can stop and relax here."

Minseok pointed out where people were taking off their shoes and dipping their feet into the flowing water

Minseok pointed out where people were taking off their shoes and dipping their feet into the flowing water. She just couldn't wait. As they walked past the drainage canal full of koi fish, they got to the part of the sidewalk where they could just sit down and enjoy the freshwater running through their feet.

"Omo! So cold." She let out a giggle and clutched on Minseok's jacket, not actually anticipating how freezing the water would as she slowly dipped her feet in the water. Sitting on the stones with feet soaked in water and watching the people walked passed them on the sidewalk was something she didn't think could help her unwind.