|26|

| K I M M I N S E O K | 2 6 |

Callous fingers scratching his brows as he stared the ticking clock

8:30 pm.

The purple sky out the window got his mind reeling. The sight was rare. He wondered if she was looking at the same sky as he was. The colour would have set her chestnut hair ablaze glowing a different light, which he would want to look at.

2 days and 3 nights she had been away.

Scraped by the worry, he found it hard to fall asleep. The man didn't think that the world would weigh heavier than it already was. The air conditioner dried his tired eyes. His muscles pulling in places making his one comfortable blanket stiff. His mattress was slightly soggy of his sweats.

Jayoung managed to disarm him completely, disturbing his thoughts and his dreams. Why was it so wrong to be protective?

Shaking leg itched at his mind – wanting to get to her. They should be fighting like adults albeit she wasn't one yet. The guilt was really scorching his conscious away. Taking her to Japan could be problematic. He wouldn't be able to look after her when he was gone. However, Yixing's words burned into his mind like scripture.

"Just say that you're afraid to be with her, will you?"

A hopeless sigh as he gazed at his blank grey wallpaper.

I have something to tell you, old man. Let's talk face to face. It's about Jayoung.

The text he got in the middle of the night really didn't help him sleep at all. Just the mere mention of her name now began to haunt him. His thoughts were still misty about the girl. He wasn't sure. Like Yixing said, although he was willing to accept what was going on, his eagerness to go back to the way it once was was still there.

At this point, he didn't care if the kid wanted to scold him as Yixing and Suho did with his decision.

The man had mourned Soyoung long enough to quiver and shatter at the thought of Jayoung getting hurt or in trouble. Out of a sad promise and perhaps instinct, he had to care for her, but it was starting to daunt him that he was doing the exact opposite. After all, she wasn't with him now. Jimin was looking after her at the moment.

There had to be some limitation. If she went too far off the line...

"Hey, open wide~~" Jongdae was sitting across the table, holding a piece of meat in his chopsticks. "Come on, you can do it. You can do it."

Minseok glared at the man who was making a duck face at him trying to be romantic and goofy at the same. Unfortunately, the only thing he could do was welcoming the meat with much disinterest. It was delicious, but he tried to hide his excitement. In any case, he knew someone who could cook meat better suiting his taste.