The Story of Ship Names

"I swear, Parker. I will kill you if you do not shut up this instant," I snap in aggravation.

"Geez, I didn't say anything," Parker laughs as he channel surfs on the TV.

"I'm sorry, I love you," I tell him as I take a 180 degree mood swing.

"I love you too," he coos and pulls me into his side.

"Um, Parker?" I ask.  I hope he has some pads or a tamp-ons in his house because I need to change mine.

"Yes, baby?" He asks and presses his lips to my temple.

"Do you happen to have a pad?" I squeak.

"A- a pad?" he coughs in surprise.

"Yeah," I blush.

"Yeah, I-" throat clearing," I'll go get that for you."

He stands up and leaves and I rush to the bathroom.

"Lennon?" a knock at the door.

"Yes, sweetie?" I ask as I slip off my underwear.

"I, uh, got you a pad. And one of my sister's underwear," he coughs awkwardly and I unlock the door. I open the door and just push my hand out. The contents drop in my hand and I close the door. Again.

"You have a sister?" I ask in surprise. I didn't know he had a sister.

"Yeah, but she ran away with her boyfriend at the age of 18. She left a lot of stuff here. I hope you don't feel creeped out about wearing her panties," I can practically hear him cringe.

"Oh, well what age would she be now?"  I ask. I am now completely curious. And a little upset. I seem to not know a lot about Parker. He knows almost everything about me. But I don't know about the scar on his hip and now I am finding out he has a sister.

"Uhm, well I'm 18. So she should be 26 right now," he says and pull the sweats that I had on over my legs. I'm glad that I didn't bleed on the pants.

"Wow, what time did she run away?" I know I'm being nosy but I can't help it. Bernie makes my moods swing from all around. Curiosity is the most powerful. 

Yes, yes I did name my period.

"When she was 20 so I was 12," he asks and I open the door. He looks afraid. I laugh and pull him in my arms. He breathes a sigh of relief and envelopes his arms around my body.

"I'm sorry, I'm like the hulk, a care bear and a curious cat all in one during Bernie," I sigh and breath in his scent. Mint.