The Story of Graduating

Forever is a long time. But, I wouldn't mind spending it by your side.

~~~

"No jewlery?" My dad smiles as he walks acroos the room.

"I don't have any significant and sentimental jewlery." I grumble and my face twists into a scowl.

"Oh wait!" I smile and clap my hands," I have my best friends necklace with Vinnie from the fourth grade. Let me go wear that. It may be a ying-yang but at least it is more real than those"

"So stubborn. Listen, I know your mom anted to start over. But she still wants you in her life.' my dad sighs.

"Well maybe, just maybe, I don't want her in mine." I whisper and look over at my reflection.

"Lennon." my dad groans but walks out of my room anyway, obviously frustrated.

~~~

"You ready?" Vinnie squeals her hand wrapping around my arm that is covered in black fabric.I fix my graduation gown and the cap as I turn and search for Parker. I smile and wave him over and he smiles once he spots me.

"Babe, you look stunning, as usual" he smirks and leans in to peck my lips.

"Nope." I turn my head so his kiss lands on my cheek. He pouts and pulls away with a questioning look.

"Lipgloss. Don't want it ruined and I am pretty sure you don't want it on you." I smile innocently and he grumbles but kisses my nose and smiling again.

"All students please report to your line." a women's voice announces and I wave goodbye to Parker as he goes to the boys line. Vinnie and I squeeze our way in to the alphabetical order so she is away from me but i just talk with the girls around me. I notice parents start to file in but they can't see us yet. I frown when I see my father and my mom walking in. Mack and Harrison keep making faces behind her and i can't help but laugh.

~~~

"That was a wonderful speech, Victoria." the principal says as the president of ,some important club of the school that I don't know the name of, steps off the podium block. She smiles and bows as the crowd erupts into cheers and claps.

"Next, I'd like to call Parker Campano to the stage. The principal gestgures for him to rise and most of the class is in confusion. Including some parents. But Parker confidently strides up tp the podium.

His fingers keep curling then uncurling so I know he is nervous," I, uh, I would like to call Lennon Janno to the stage."

I slowly rise from my seat and keep my head down as I walk to Parker he takes my hand and pulls me to him.

"Geez," he breathes," I don't know how to start this."

"Do you see this girl? Right next to me?" he starts off and I flush. A few people answer ith a yes or a no but I have the feeling he didn't want to be answered.

"Do you know what she is? The love of my life." he smiles as gasps echo around the room," I think I kno more stuff about her than myself. Like the fact that if she chose one meal to eat for the rest of her life it would be lasage. But I told her I wouldn't make it for her so she can make it herself. That got me the silent treatment for a few days." he winks at me and I roll my eyes but a small smile etches on to my face.

Chuckles fill the room and Parker aits before he starts again," I know for a fact that her favorite color is purple. Horror movies are her favorite movies and romance is her least favorite. Not that I'm complaining. Her favorite book is The Fault in Our Stars and her crush is Jace Herondale. From some other book that I forgot the name of. But she had to remind me a couple times gthat these boys were fictional. Even though half the time she acted like they were real.