2: Pride

Carroll's POV

Oh goddamn, school at last. I've been yearning to go to school ever since Friday. Whole weekend all I did was to lock myself in my room, read stories and books, drink and eat a little..
This house is bullshit, especially that my little brother is gone for his school. You see, he's my only hope in here.

"Children! Breakfast is ready! Come down!" My stepmother, Hillary called. I reluctantly left my little home. "Morning Carroll, how's school?" Hillary asked, trying to make a conversation. "As usual," I shrugged and then pulled the chair to sit.

I don't like her nor I like her, she's nice actually, not like those typical step moms who are monsters when their husbands are gone. Hillary is not near to that, I just don't feel like talking to her. She's not my mother, and even though she tries so hard, she will never be my mom. She will never be able to replace her in my life.

I started eating up the meal in front of me. It tasted so good, so good that I wanted to punch the person who was whispering bullshit about me.

"The bitch is awake," my little stepsister, Krystal whispered to her twin, Krystin. "Indeed," the little monster replied as both of them took their seats. "Girls, stop the whispering and eat!" Hillary scolded which the twin, of course immediately obeyed.

"Morning mom, morning, Carroll, morning twins," my older brother kissed our cheeks while greeting the each of us. "Morning," I replied, looking up at him for a second then returned to eating my breakfast. My eldest brother, Samuel, my little brother, Carl and my dad Caesar are the only people I talk to, in this house. Maybe it's because they're my siblings, and my dad of course.

Don't get me wrong, Krystin and Krystal are also my siblings, but they're my half sisters. Maybe that's the reason I don't like them so much.

"How's the work going Sam?"

"Getting really great, mom,"

"That's good then,"

"I should get going now, bye." I stood up and grabbed my bag then made my way out to the door. "Wait sis, let your brother give you a ride," Samuel offered, I just nodded.

"Thank you," I smiled after we were out of the house. "No problems sissy, anytime just ask me!" He tried fist bumping me but I refused him. "Aww.." He cooed, knowing his sister all too well. I don't let them in, no one will ever be. I always shut people out, even my family. Especially, my mom.

"Let's just get going," I muttered as Samuel started the engine. "How is it going on school?" He tried to ease up the atmosphere by playing some music. "As usual," I replied, definitely not wanting to talk about school, with him.

"Hmm.. Hey here we are! I'm so fast right?" I mumbled a thank you before leaving the car.

I kept my head held high with confidence as I walked through the gates and the hallways of the school. "Hey, Emma, it's cold.. Do you know why?" Georgina acted as if she was shivering the moment I came into her view. "Yep! It's because...." Emma looked around before continuing her sentence.

"The ice queen is here!" God, when will they stop? They stared at me as if they were looking for reaction. When they realized that all I'd give them is a poker face and cold stare, both of them burst into laughter and hi-fived each other.

"Nice, both troublemakers ruining my supposed to be good day," I huffed. Suddenly, one of them who I suppose is Emma, pushed me then I felt my body collided with something big and warm. And everything stopped, great.

I fell on my ass together with my things. The clumsy person helped me up and picked my things for me. I opened my eyes and saw Melissa looking at me. My stare soon turned into glare, realizing that she's the one who made me fall on my ass on an early Monday morning. Why do people have their way of irritating me during Mondays?