21: Forgiven

Carroll

"Carroll, it's time for breakfast.." I heard my maid knock on my door. I sat up and answered, "I'm coming in five!" I gently sat up and looked around my room. Everything seems normal, everything's in place.. As my eyes were wandering around my room, a particular stuffed animal caught my attention. That white bunny with a rainbow on its stomach that I got from the celebration of pride month.

I actually bought it because it reminded me of Melissa. Now I want to give it to her, but there will be a time for that. For now, flowers and cake will do. Remembering the letter from Melissa made me smile.

Oh no, what is happening go me? And why does this happen often? I always think of Melissa! How her smile lights up the whole room, even the world I must say, or how her eyes affect me when they're looking through me with such intensity.. Or how her stupidity causes my mirth. Everything she does is affecting me in some way, and I'm telling you, I've never felt this way before.

Is it weird if I feel these things for someone that was my former nemesis? Speaking of, Melissa seems to be not competent now. God, she could barely focus on classes now. The teacher always calls out on her for zoning out, she always seem to be in a haze. That state of hers is the reason why her grades are not high like before. I could now be the top student without reviewing for tests and quizzes. Melissa did really give me a hard time remaining in my position. She was so competitive that it made me think if that girl ever rests. Now what happened to her? Why did she suddenly become a softy around me?

She doesn't smirk at me in the hallways now, or retort something smart whenever we meet in the hallways or classroom.. I'm still new to her being obedient and kind.

Her smile is not of a mischievous one anymore, it became an innocent smile that is so contagious that it caused me to smile also.

I remembered one thing she said from before. She wants to know me, but why? She wants to be someone I could lean on, but why? She raised the white flag, but why? Why is she doing this? For what? What benefit could it give her?
I can't possibly say that she's just doing all of this because she wants to beat me in the elections or whatsoever because that is not what she's trying to do!

Dammit Melissa! You're still a pain in my ass, aren't you? Keeping my mind busy and all. I want to talk to her about this but she could not even utter a word when I'm near her.

I sighed, asking myself a load of questions won't help me in any way. After standing up for a good one minute, I went to my bathroom to do my morning routine. To be honest, I was awake thirty minutes ago. I just waited for the breakfast to be done. I don't know why but.. I'm eager to go to school today. Even my heart is beating faster than the usual, when I woke up.

Something has changed in me.. something is not the same. Something is not right.. Something is clearly wrong with me. This pumping organ inside my ribcage used to just beat normally, but now.. Hell, it is beating like there's no tomorrow for an unknown reason. Just thinking of Melissa smiling or staring at me flabbergasted makes my heart beat faster.

I'm insane. What is this?

I stared at my reflection after I had brushed my teeth. The girl I see.. Is..
Full of glee.. Her emerald eyes, her curled up lips.. The set of her perfect white pearls.. But..

Why is she happy?

Is she finally opening up to the world again?

What has caused this changes?

Should I be happy with the change?

Idiot, I should be! Of course! I'm finally returning to myself again. I thought that this time wouldn't come. I thought I'd be locked up forever.. But no. Somebody was able to break my walls.. She was able to make me smile like a normal being.. She makes me....me.. I am myself whenever I'm around her. I don't have to act all strong when I'm around her.