13: Acquaintances

Melissa

"What is your problem, Madison?" She asked with that cold tone that never left her voice before storming out.

I don't know what I did that day but it's bothering me. She hates me. It never changed, you idiot, I told myself; however, I wanted it to change. I don't want Carroll to hate me forever just because of my immaturity. That's just horrible. I just released a heavy sigh and looked at the girl who was singing on the stage. Apparently, Carroll agreed to make Skye sing, and now she is singing so proud. Carroll again.. Why is she mad at me?? I apologized for my past actions, but it seems like it didn't work.

Wonder what Skye's singing?

"I'm beautiful in my way! Cause god makes no mistake. I'm on the right track baby.. Come on all of you!" The crowd of girls singing the lyrics loud and proud with her.

"I was born this way!" I sang with them gleefully. "Enjoying the pride week much?" Anna herself scooted closer to me. I nodded excitedly, I'm gay of course. What is this blonde expecting?

"You know.." She started as she moved closer, if that's possible. "Many girls are coming at you ever since you've come out.." She was twirling a few strands of my hair on her finger.

"I can't believe a girl like you is so attractive and all.." She began leaning towards my face. Now what is her deal? I understand that she's the 'mature' person, if you get it, in the student council but I didn't expect her to be.. Bisexual or pans?

I quickly pulled away of course, I don't want my virgin lips to be kissed yet, by wrong person. I was gonna ask Anna something but someone already did it for me. "What do you want, Peace officer?" Carroll angrily asked stressing the peace officer part, her eyes were glaring daggers at Anna. The poor blonde just shook her head, lost the words for Carroll's overpowering eyes. I'm both frightened and aroused.. Wait what..?

"You are the peace officer, Ms. Anna Astin. Do you remember that?" Anna nodded frantically. "So you're supposed to be keeping the peace, not causing troubles!" Carroll shouted, her eyes still holding anger in them. Now I pity Anna. It must be a horrible experience for her to have finally experience a bit of Carroll's wrath. But this side of Carroll is actually appealing to me.. What the fuck is with me today?

Although I am not the one she's shouting at, I was frightened and flabbergasted. What was she so mad about? "I expect this to not happen again, especially from you Ms Astin." Anna nodded again before leaving the backstage with such haste. "That is just inappropriate." Carroll muttered under her breath after Anna has been out of ear shot.

I shook my head, poor girl.. She shouldn't have acted her 'feelings'. The thought made me chuckle. "What is so funny, Madison?!" Carroll yelled, causing me to flinch. She is really mad today, huh? Maybe she woke up on the wrong side of the bed? "N-nothing, president.." I responded with my voice quivering. I was beyond nervous and actually seeing Carroll's sharp emerald eyes pierce mine is just adding to the nervousness I am feeling right now.

"Sorry I've been moody.. I didn't mean to, I'm just pissed today. By the way, it's your turn." She apologized. I nodded. "It's no big deal," I shrugged. "It's normal for everyone, we become moody once in a while.. We have to at least release the pent up frustration in our chests to avoid things from getting worse.." I kept on talking but didn't receive any response from Carroll. However, I'm surprised to see in her eyes that she's, at least, interested in whatever I am trying to say. I decided to stop talking and give her a break, I thought she wasn't going to respond. "I'm glad that you understand that Madison.." Carroll said looking at me as if she were observing me intently. "I hope you get to know and understand more of me in the future.." She said with a smile slightly tugging at her lips. My heart tugged at her words. Get to know and understand more of her in the future? Does that mean that we're going to be friends, somewhere in the near future?