12: Result

Melissa

It has been a week since I got tested and now I'm here with Skye waiting for Michael to show up. To say that I'm nervous would be an understatement. I am beyond nervous that everything inside me is quivering with excitement and fear. What if the result was negative? What if I don't get to see my biological father now?

"Mels, I already phoned him and he said that he's already here right behind you," I turned around and saw Michael making his way towards us with a goofy smile on his face. "Hello Melissa and Skye.. I missed you girls! How have you been?" He asked but my eyes looked behind his shoulders. A man, a redhead is approaching us.

"Hey bruv," the redhead said as he slid an arm around Michael's shoulder. "Oh hey bruv," he greeted back as they fist bumped. Skye and I both glanced at each other. Who is this guy? I glance at Michael who has his forehead wrinkled. The other guy looked at him, as if they were talking through minds.

"Oh.." Michael said laughing. Maybe he realized that he hasn't introduced the guy beside him yet. "Okay girls, I'm sorry.. Girls, this is Hector Abbott, my boyfriend" he gladly introduced. My mouth fell open and I thought that my jaws were lying on the floor. How could I not know? My gaydar must not be working well. Well, I've had suspicions but.. Never mind, it is already said.

So instead of over thinking of the situation, I took Hector's hand that was moist, probably from the nervousness of being rejected and embarrassed. "Nice to meet you, I'm Melissa Madison." I say as he nodded and moved on to Skye.

"Nice to meet you too sir, I'm Skye Sullivan, Melissa's number one fan.." Her remark made the older guy laughed. Making all of us as well laugh.

"So.. We should be able to get the results by now.." Michael stated after he's calmed from the high. I nodded nervously while I felt Skye's hand slip in mine and squeezed it. "It will be okay babe.." She whispered when Michael and Hector were walking ahead of us.

"And what if it doesn't? What will happen?" Panic continued to grow inside me. The answers to my questions are the answers that I don't wanna hear yet. "And if it doesn't, you'll stay with us.." Skye gave me a reassuring smile. I nod at her and tried to look for my courage.

This is it Melissa.

÷÷÷÷

As soon as we entered this white walled room, my heart wouldn't just stop beating so rapidly that I might get admitted to this hospital or worse, the morgue. Why am I thinking of these things? This wouldn't help either! It will just make the things worse.

All of them were smiling and looking at me, though I don't know why. "Miss Madison, have you not heard me?" The woman across the desk ask with a smile on her face. I shyly shook my head as the woman repeated the words that I suppose made all the people around me smile with glee.

"The test results are positive.. Miss Madison, Mr Madison is indeed your biological father." She announced again happily as if she hadn't done it earlier. My face remained unreadable, my mind still taking the new information in.

"Babe, what is wrong? The test is positive.. And you don't look happy about it.." Skye frowned while holding my face in her hands. "I knew that they're together!" I heard someone whisper but Michael shushed them. "This is no time for jokes, bruv."

My face lit up with joy and excitement when my mind finally analyzed what was happening here. Skye hugged me, she hugged me as if I'm about to disappear anytime. Which is ridiculous because I'm not going to disappear anytime by now.