18: Peruvian Lilly

Melissa

After Carroll left, my mind lose its sanity. How can such a simple gesture completely drive me crazy? How can a smile be so contagious? Why? Why am I feeling like this towards Carroll Coleman, the president of the student council, aka, my mortal enemy.

Why am I a soft shit around her?

Ain't I supposed to tease her until I get on her nerves then she'll burst out the ice inside her?

I am fucking insane. I've lost my sanity. Look here, I'm even planning to buy some flowers for her. This must be an asylum not the nurse's office. God sake, help me.

Oh yeah, because I fell for her dammit.

"Come on, teacher said that you should go rest at home.." Skye helped me stand up, putting my arm around her shoulder to support me. However, I removed her arms around me. "I can walk on my own, look" I said with a smile that Skye could not do anything but to sigh.

"See?" Skye sighed in defeat and then nodded. "Fine, but let's go.." My brows furrowed at her. "Well, what about you? You still have classes, right?" Skye shook her head while smiling. "It's already four in the afternoon, babe.. So let's go.."

"I slept that long?!" I exclaimed as we walked down the hallways. "Yep so, poor you.. You'll have hard time sleeping later.." I sighed while nodding, agreeing with her. It's what I hate the most, sleeping in the afternoon because I wouldn't be able to sleep early at night. It sucks. Especially now that my mind wouldn't stop thinking about a particular person. Oh dear, I don't want to stay awake later just to think of that green-eyed belle in different scenes with me.. Holding hands with me in the park, or in a café..

Dammit! Stop it Melissa! You're starting it again!

"Hey babe, is something wrong?" I wanted to say yes and tell her about Carroll consuming almost all of my mind, but then I get reminded of our stupid deal that just ruins everything. I know that Skye is my best friend and she has to know everything sooner, but my stupidity and cowardice prevent me from telling her everything that she has to know. Damn Melissa, what a situation.

I shook my head. "Nothing," I said, but she didn't buy it even a bit. She can read me and she fucking knows that it was just a lie. "It's probably just the blow my head received.. Nothing serious.." I added so that she'd be in peace and she wouldn't suspect anymore, hopefully. Skye gave a skeptical "Okaaay" as her response, which I just shrugged off to make it look like nothing's happening in this mind of mine. Which is opposite to what is actually happening in it.

I stopped walking and dialed my dad.

"Yes, baby girl?" I smiled at the endearment. I'm very fortunate that I have a kind and loving father like him.. I finally have a parent, a light, that will guide me to the right path and show me the beauty of life.. Unlike my mom, that monster rather, that did nothing but to destroy my happiness and bring my life into a disaster. I just hope that she wouldn't suffer from her wrongdoings and beliefs.

"Melissa?" It took me a minute to reply, and I only realized it when dad was calling my name. "Hey dad! I'll be a little late.. It's already four pm here and I just woke up-" my explanation was cut short by my dad yelling. "Why were you sleeping?!" I wouldn't blame him.. He's a professor and a father that wants what is best for his child. I'm glad that he worries about my studies..

I chuckled. "Dad.. I was just resting! Don't worry, I wasn't cutting classes.. I was just brought to the nurse's office because somebody beat me and I wasn't able to defend-"

"Somebody beat you?! Who?? Are you bullied there?! Should I transfer you to my school!?" I chuckled, shaking my head. I'm glad that he's worrying about me. If Patricia were to hear this, she would most likely not care or even worse, beat me again because she's a sadistic bitch and she fucking loves it when I'm in pain.