19: Elections

Melissa

"Should I really give it to her?" I asked for the nth time that the redhead just gave me a huff in response. "You've asked the same question over and over for a thousand yet the answer is still the same!"

"Now, if you're not going to move your ass.. We'll be late," Skye was walking back and forth in the room. I don't know what she's looking for, nor the reason why she's hurrying. She's already dressed and we've finished eating, so what's left to worry?

You know I thought Skye would tease me endlessly when I told her that it was Carroll that I'm giving all of this to, but I was proven wrong. What she did was stare at me before nodding. She wished me good luck and offered me help. Something's up, I wonder what?

"What's with the hurry, ginger?" Skye stopped what she was doing and turned around slowly to face me...with a straight gaze. "What?" I repeated. "Well, you want to give that to Carroll, right?" I nodded. "Then, let's get moving before that Winchester bitch beats you to it!" Skye's hands shot up, causing me to move right away.

"Okay fine, but where do I put it? I can't put it on the ground in front of Carroll's locker?" Skye shook her head. "You're going to put it under her desk, so nobody else will see. That's why we have to arrive first in class or else.. That Winchester.."

"Okay, okay, I get it.. Then let's go, we're all good.." The girl across me nodded. I ran to my dads and kissed them both on their cheeks. "See ya, dads!" I waved at them before hastily running to Skye's car.

"You know, it's still new to me to hear you say, 'dads'..." Skye started the engine after she stated her thought. "I know," I answered, because even I am still not used to have two fathers. A real caring parents.

*

Just like Skye had said earlier, we have to arrive first on class which was a success. There was no one here except for the both of us. I quickly, but carefully slipped the flowers and chocolates on the space under Carroll's desk.

"That's all good, right?" We took our seats as Skye nodded at my question. Skye looked around before leaning towards my ear. "Now a friendly advice, act normal around Carroll, please, for God's sake." I gulped and then nodded even though I can't act normal around her anymore.

Sooner, a girl entered the classroom. I think she's Mary. I threw her a smile which she acknowledged and returned. "Hey vice president!" She cheerfully greeted yet with a shy tone. "Oh, hey.. How's life, Mary?" Mary chuckled at my question.

"All good, the real question is.. How's your life?" My mood quickly changed. What does she mean by my life? Skye seemed to notice my sudden change of mood because she looked at me with worry. I looked up at the black haired girl.

"What do you mean by my life?" I let out a nervous chuckle. Is she talking about me backing out? She just chuckled again making my face scrunch up in confusion. "You silly, stop playing dumb, Melissa.. Of course! The elections! I heard rumors that Winchester will run for the president!" Now my face showed anger. "What?! She is?!" I stood up slamming my desk. Mary's nod confirmed my question.

"Then I have to run!? If I wouldn't run then Winchester will take that fucking chance to run for the president.." Skye gave me a worried look but Mary was just smirking with her arms crossed. "What do you mean that you have to run for the president? Isn't that what you were planning on since last year?" The dark-haired girl asked with her arms still crossed.

"I..um..I.." I fidgeted as I lower my head down, avoiding Mary's gaze at all cost. Mary and I are not close. We talk sometimes and wave at each other, but not to the point where I can call her my friend. She's just an acquaintance. I could only hope that she wouldn't spread fake information about my backing out. Not my fault right? I completely forgot that I wasn't running for the president anymore. "You what, Melissa?" She repeated. "I.."