7: Sleepover

Carroll

I decided to let loose today since it's weekends. Today, I'm going to sleepover at Emma's. She always hosts it, I'm really thankful she does. It helps me be happy even for at least, a short period of time.

"Melissa's cute, you know?" Emma nudged me while wriggling her eyebrows with a suggestive look. Emma won't just stop, will she? "Shut up, I'm not into girls." I seethed. "You just dropped her off.. And I already have her number.." Emma smirked but I paid no attention. Instead, I went to the couch and watch the TV.

"What.. It's not effective?! You're supposed to say, 'How?' Or at least, 'can I have it?'.." Emma whined, making me smirk in triumphant. I switched through the channels, a particular one catching my attention.

'Mrs. Carolyn Devin, vice president of Devin Group confirmed that they will be associating with the Coleman industries..' The reporter continued talking nonsense, but after that I didn't listen and turned the TV off.

"Dad must be out of his mind." I muttered and went to the kitchen to get a glass of warm water. "So desperate.." I grumbled. "Carroll? Is something wrong?" Emma tried to ask but failed to get answers when Georgina told her to fuck off. This is what I like about Georgina. She knows when to talk and when not to, and this time is probably not the right time to talk.

I stormed out of the room and went to the usual bedroom, burying myself in the soft comforters who can, surprisingly, actually give me comfort. I let myself fall into a deep slumber as  darkness consumed me.

Walking around the streets on her way home, Carroll was so glad that she'll finally be home with her mom even though she was just gone for hours because of school. She started running as the winds of  fall hit her pale skin. The trees swayed as the leaves continuously fall on the roads.

Her little adventure finally came to a halt when she saw the white door of her home sweet home. She deliriously opened the door. To her surprise, nobody seemed home except for a new pair of heels and her baby brother Carl who was sleeping peacefully on his crib. Carroll decided to roam around a little more, in hopes of finding her mother. 'She's probably just playing hide and seek with me,' she thought as she opened the closet on her room. Unfortunately, no signs of Carolyn was found.