Chapter 4

The little girl just wouldn't stop crying. After the girl woke up Julia had taken her chambers, but no matter what Julia did the girl just wouldn't stop crying. Julia had been holding the crying child for an hour and her arms were starting to get tired. Julia was about to take the child down to Halt and James when she heard them coming up.
"James, Halt thank goodness you're here!" Julia said as they opened the door and came in. They winced as the girl let out a scream and then kept on crying.
"I can't get her to calm down, I've been holding her for over an hour and my arms are getting sore. Can one of you please take her?" Julia pleaded and James backed up.
"I don't know anything about children." Julia glared at him, but then walked over to Halt and handed him the child.
"Hear Halt you take her." Before Halt could protest Julia had put the little girl into his arms. Julia turned around to go out the door when she heard nothing. Julia turned around to find the little girl fast asleep in Halts arms.
"H-how did you get her to calm down?" Halt looked at her a confused look on his face.
"I don't know. you just handed her to me and she stopped crying." Julia looked at James and they shared a smile
"Halt, I think the girl likes you," Julia said, Halt just looked at her, confusion on his face.
"What do you mean likes me?" This time it was James who answered.
"You saved her from the fire and took her all the way to hear. She sees you as someone she can trust." Julia cut in.
"Yes, and when she woke up and found someone she had never seen holding her she got scared, but when I gave her to you, she knew you, she felt safe with you." Julia finished and let that sink in.
"Well halt there's only one thing I can say to you. Prepare to get no sleep."