Chapter 16

Emma spent the rest of the day on edge. She had duties to uphold, so she couldn't just ride off to Halts cabin and tell him. Emma went threw everything she needed to do as fast as she could, and when she was done she left for Halts cabin. When she got there she was glad to see Halt sitting out side on the porch. Emma got off her horse and tied her to a tree. Emma then walked over to were halt was sitting. Halt saw the look on her face and he looked up from his papers.

"What's wrong?" Halt asked as Emma stood beside him.

"I was over looking castle Gorlan when I saw this man looking at the castle from the edge of the woods. I went over and asked him what he was doing. He said he was just looking at how beautiful it was and how he couldn't wait for it to be back to it's full glory." Emma paused and Halt gave her a go on motion with his hand.

"He then turned around and started walking into the woods, so I started heading down to over look some things when he suddenly said to tell you that Nyx was a beautiful name." At this Halt almost choked on his coffie. Halt looked at Emma a concerned look in his eyes.

"What!?"

"After he said that I turned around to face him, but when I did he was just gone."

"Who is this man?" Emma said as Halt got up and they walked inside.

"I don't know, but I intend to find out." As they walked in Emma noticed that there were a lot of stuff on the ground, from trash to papers, to some toys.

"Oh no, Nyx!" Halt said. As he said it I saw a smiling little girl sitting on the couch, a small stuffed animal of a horse in her hands. As Halt walked over to her Nyx tried to get away all the while giggling.

"Come hear you." Halt said as he scooped up the little giggling girl.

"Oh, she is just a little cutie." Emma said walking over to Halt. When Emma came over Nyx covered her face behind halts shoulder still giggling. When Halt put her down on the couch she started to roll around giggling to her hearts content, all the while holding on to that little toy. As Emma smiled as Nyx she thought of the man, The man that wanted to hurt this sweet giggling little girl. Emma's smile faded and she looked at Halt.

"We can not let that man get his hands on her." halt nodded his head.

"Until castle Gorlan is rebuilt I wont leave this cabin."

"Yes, and I will take care of your duties." Emma said, Halt looked at her.

"Are you shore you want to do that?" Emma looked at Halt and then to the giggling Nyx, who was now pretending that her little horse was running across the couch.

"Yes, I'm shore."