Chapter 13

James and Halt walked up to castle Araluen to speak with the king. As they had planed Julia stayed at halts cabin with the little girl. Both Halt and James had no idea how the king would react. The king may have talked about rebuilding Castel Gorlan, but this was really sudden, and with the damage from the earth quakes to deal with they had know idea if he would even consider it. Luckily for them most of the damage had already been repaired, there were only a couple of smaller things to take care of. As James and Halt rounded a corner to the throne room they heard a lot of voices from the other side of the door. Most of the voices they recognized, but some they didn't. One in particular they heard came from Emma. The only person who has power over her is the king himself. She even had control over the Ranger corps. Of course Crawly is the Ranger commandant, but everything Crawly finds out he reports to her, and sometimes, if its really important the Rangers will report to her instead of Crawly. She controlled all the information and goings on in Araluen. She also was in charge of keeping the peace between other countries with Araluen. She had full command the Ranger corps, and was assigned to finding spy's and assassins'. But the one thing she is most none for is that she is in charge of protecting the Rangers. If something were to happen to one of the Rangers it was her job to find out what. Halt was happy to hear her voice, threw their years of working together they had become good friends. James walked up to the door and opened it. All heads turned to them. Before James or Halt could say anything Emma grabbed Halt in a hug.

"Your alive! Why didn't you tell us, we were so worried." Emma said as she gave halt a death stare.

"Sorry, we were a bit busy with the hole earth quakes thing." Halt said hoping she would let go of him. Emma new Halt wanted her to let go. She fought the urge to smack him in the head as she let him go, still giving him a death stare. As Halt looked around he saw that all of his closest friends were there, even bob. And he could see that most of them had a relived look on their faces. even the king. "Emma, we would like to talk to you about something." James said, but before he could say anything else Emma told them what they were talking about.

"We were just discussing when to start rebuilding castle Gorlan." Both James and Halt looked at each other. They could not believe their luck.

"Oh, ok." Was all James could think of to say. he was to shocked with their luck.

"What is it you wanted to ask me?" Emma said looking at James intently.

"We were just about to ask about that. I had hear rumors about rebuilding castle Gorlan, I just wanted to see if the rumors were true." Emma looked at James for a moment. James thought she didn't believe him, but then she smiled.
"Ok, but there is one thing I want to ask you Halt." Emma said turning to the Ranger.

"Gorlan is going to be the fife were I will live, and its going to be one of the biggest fifes, since its so close to both Redmont and Castle Araluen. I wanted to ask if you want to be the Ranger for that fife?" Halt looked at James, their luck was incredible.

"Ya, I will. Who will be the Ranger for Redmont?" Halt asked Emma, who turned to face a couple Rangers.

"Ranger Will can be the Ranger for Redmont. What do you think Will?"

"Ya, I can do that." Will said smiling as he always did.

"Its been desided, we will start rebuilding castle Gorlan in three days time."