Chapter 35

Crowley, Nicolas, and that man ran through the wood to were the colt was, at least were they hoped they still were. Crowley lifted his hand for them to stop, as they came insight of the colt. Crowley gestured for them to hide until he get a baring of what was going on. Crowley slowly inched forward, until he was right behind a tree that was right over the colt. Crowley climbed up the tree as quietly as possible. When he reached the top he looked down at the colt members. Crowley scanned the area, searching for Halt. Soon he found him. Halt was lying on the ground tied and gaged. Halt was not moving, and for a moment Crowley thought of the worst. Then he quickly realized that they wouldn't tie up a dead man. Crowley counted about fifteen men, as far as he could see. One of the colt members walked forward and lit the fire, that had gone out during the fight. Crowley them realized with horror, that they were going to burn Halt, since the kids were now gone. Crowley looked at the men, he would be able to kill twenty four, and there were only fifteen. That was if he made each shot, and there weren't any more of them. As Crowley looked at the dead body's of all the other men, he realized just how big this colt was. He just hoped it wasn't any bigger. Two men went over to Halt and grabbed him, and dragged him over to the fire. Crowley knew he had to act now. Crowley nocked an arrow on his bow and released, with another arrow fallowing right behind it. Both of the he men went down dead. The man who had lit the fire pointed up at Crowley. Crowley quickly started shooting at all the men. One going down after the other. Then as Crowley killed his sixth man, Nicolas and the man ran out of the trees and started hacking at the colt members. Crowley kept shooting, and to his dismay more men came out of the tree line. There were at least 30 now. Crowley looked to were Halt was, and saw that he was still lying still. Crowley then heard Nicolas cry out in pain. Crowley turned to see a man pull his sword out of is shoulder. Crowley shot the man though the head, and then two more right behind him. Crowley then realized that he was out of arrows. Crowley jumped down from the tree and took out his knives. Crowley saw that there was still around ten more men. Crowley ran over to Halt, but before he got there he was stopped by the man who had lit the fire.

"You will go no farther!" The man yelled, as he drew his sword. Crowley lunched at the man, who blocked his blow. The man waved his sword in an undercut. Crowley dodged it and then threw his knife at the man, which landed in his chest. The man looked shocked for a moment, then he fell motionless to the ground. All the other colts members stopped as they saw the man go down, then to Crowley's surprise they retreated. That man must have been their leader, Crowley thought. Crowley ran over to Halt. He leaned down and cut the rope that bound Halt. Crawly knew Halt wasn't going to wake up anytime soon. Nicolas walked over and helped Crowley get Halt up. They then carried Halt back to the village. Nicolas and Crowley brought Halt into Nicolas's house, and laid him on the bed. Crowley thanked the man that had helped them, then the man went back to his family. Nicolas called in the town doctor, who took a look at Halt. Crowley and Nicolas sat at the table waiting to hear about Halt. After about twenty minuets, the doctor came out of the room.

"He has a bad concution, and his arm is pretty infected, but he should heal with plenty of rest, and if he takes the meds I've given him. Crowley sighed at the news. Nicolas then turned to Crowley.

"Thank you so much for all you've done." Nicolas said, Crowley nodded.

"You should stay for a couple of days, at least until Halt heals." Nicolas said. Crowley thought for a moment.

"Yes, I think we shall." Crowley nodded his thanks. Crowley thought about Pauline and how she must be worried sick. Crowley smiled at the thought of how happy she would be to see Halt, and how happy Halt would be to see her, and his daughter.