Chapter 37

Emma couldn't believe what was going on, she needed to find out who the man stalking Halt and Nyx was. Emma hoped Raven would have an idea about who the man was. Emma rode to the edge of Redmont were a small cabin was situated. When she got off her horse a woman in her mid forties came out of the cabin.

"Hello Emma." The woman said as she stood on the porch of the cabin. She had on a long purple and blue dress, her long black air trailing down her back, her bright blue eyes staring at Emma.

"You knew I was coming didn't you?" Emma said. The woman chuckles.

"Of course I did, what did you expect?" Emma rolled her eyes.

"It's nice to see you to Raven." Raven smiled at Emma before waving her inside. Emma fallowed Raven inside the cabin. There was a stove, two chares and a table in the mane room. Emma thought to herself how much it looked like Halts, but then waved the thought aside.

"I take it you know why I'm here." Emma said. Raven nodded a sly smile crossing her face.

"Of course, its about that man that has been taking an interest in Halt and his adopted Daughter." Raven said, and Emma nodded. Emma had expected Raven to know this, she seemed to know everything that goes on.

"I came to see if you knew who the man was, or what he wanted." Emma said. They sat in silence for a minuet before Raven spoke.

" I know a little bit about him, he was my peoples version of the boogie man. The story was that he would hunt down a child to sacrifice to the "demons". When he found the child he wanted he would kill the child's hole family and then sacrifice the child. Obviously he is a very real person."

Emma couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"So your saying that this man wanted to sacrifice Nyx?" Emma asked Raven nodded.

"Does this man have a name?" Emma asked, Raven shook her head.

"If he does, I don't know it." Emma and Raven sat there in silence for a minuet before Raven got up.

"If we are going to stop him, I'm going to need to talk to Halt. Emma nodded and they both left for Redmont castle.