Chapter 38

Raven sat at her table with a cup of tea, as she thought about the conversation that she and Emma had. The thought of this man disturbed her. Not just the fact that he sacrifices kids to so called "demons", but that the stories of this man have been told for generations. That would make this man hundreds of years old. After siting there for a couple minuets Raven came to a decision. She got up grabbed a parchment and quill and started writing. If there was anyone who would know anything about this man, it would be her village elder. She may be on in years, but still had a sharp mind. Raven hopped that she would be able to tell her were the man came from, or maybe how to kill him.

Emma was happy at the rate Gorlan was being rebuilt. At this rate they would be done with in a year. The village had been finished a couple months ago. Halt's cabin had also been built in a spot of Halts choosing, well away from the town. Halt had already gotten quite comfortable in his knew cabin, which was pretty much the same as his old one. Like Halt, will had easily slid into the roll of Ranger of Redmont. It wasn't to hard considering that was were he was trained. Will also enjoyed being around Alyss. Nyx loved Halts new cabin. She especially loved the fact that there was a small lake right behind it that she loved to play in.

The past few months had been a very busy for Emma. A couple weeks ago there had been a meeting to decide who would be the Baron of Gorlan fief. To Emma's surprise, she was elected as the first ever baroness. Even more of a surprise is that the vote had been unanimous. Halt was very pleased with the outcome. He and Emma have worked very well with each other over the years. Everyone agreed that Halt and Emma would make Gorlan a fief of great power and importance.

Emma couldn't believe how fast time had seemed to go bye, especially when she saw Nyx. The little girl was now six years old. Emma shook her head as she thought about how much trouble Nyx seemed to get herself into. Emma remembered when she Pauline and some of the other craft masters were having a meeting, Nyx found her way into the room and accidently nocked over all the papers that they were looking over. Emma couldn't help but laugh at the memory. Emma was also very relived that there had been no sign of the man that wanted Nyx. She just hoped it would stay that way.