Chapter 12

It had been a couple of days since the man came to try and take the little girl. They all new it was not safe for her hear, after all the man had magic. Halt had never believed in magic, but when the man suddenly disappeared right before their eyes they just couldn't explain that. The only thing they could think of was to take the girl some were he would never find her. After discussing every option they decided on the ruins of Gorlan. It wasn't the best spot, but when Morgarath practiced controlling the Worgals it left a dark presents there. No sorcerer would ever go near it. It was decided that Halt, James, and Julia would travel to the ruins with the little girl, while Damian helped rebilled some of the homes that were lost during the earth quake. At Dawn the next morning they left for Gorlan, it took them a couple days, but they made it. There was a secret shelter built into the ruins by James years ago. As they sat down they new they would have to talk about who would stay with the little girl.

"I don't know what we're going to do. All of us are needed else were." Julia said as she looked at the little girl sleeping on the bed.

" I have an idea." Halt said and both James and Julia looked at him expectantliy.

" I live closer then you two do, I can stay with her."

"But Halt your needed in Redmont." James said

"I meant to tell you this, but with everything that's going on I forgot about it. The king has ordered that Gorlan be rebuilt."

"What! Halt you have to be joking, after all these years?" James said as shock took over.

" Yes. When they do that I will take the girl to live with me, and when Gorlan rebuilt I will ask Crawly if I can be the Ranger of that fife and Will can take Redmont." As Halt finished James and Julia looked at each other, then back at Halt.

"This could work, and with the resorses we have Gorlan could be rebuilt in less then a year."

" First we'll hed to your cabin and Julia can stay there with the girl, and you and me can go talk to the king about this. besides, I'm shore they miss you."