Chapter 14

Julia looked up as Halt and James walked threw the door of Halts cabin.

"So, what happened?" Julia asked

"They are going to start rebuilding castle Gorlan in three days." James said. Julia smiled at the news. Her smile faded when a thought crossed her mind.

"Halt, what are you going to do with the girl? You don't want anyone to know about her, because you don't want whoever it is that wants to kill her to go after anyone if they know about her?" Halt look at Julia for a moment, then turned to look at the little girl sleeping on the couch.

"There's nothing I could do. Someone will find out about her. I'm going to need help. I'm going to tell Emma, she can help me keep her a secret, but its best to wait and tell her when castle Gorlan is going to rebuilt in three days time, so no one will notice that she's gone."

Emma looked out proudly at the sight before her. Everyone had been working hard on rebuilding castle Gorlan, and things were looking good. Everything was moving smoothly, and at this rate they would have the walls done in a couple months.

"Lady Emma, one of the guards addressed her, Ranger Halt wishes to see you." This startled Emma for a moment, then realizing that it was halt and he could want anything she started off towards her horse to go to Halts cabin. When she got there she was surprised to see that James and Julia were still there.

"I thought they left?" Emma said to herself as she got off her horse and walked to Halts front door. She nocked and then Halt opened it not a second latter. Emma walked in and saw James and Julia sitting on the couch.

"What is it this time, Halt?" Emma asked, Halt, Julia, and James looked at each other then back at Emma. Ok something was up. She thought to herself.

"Emma, we need your help with something and you can't tell anyone about it." Halt said to her, and Emma just stood there waiting for him to continue.

"Well- before Halt could finish a little girl came into the room. She walked a couple of steps, then she fell over. Halt leaned down and picked the crying child up, and calmed her down. Emma just stood there speechless.

"Halt, who is this?" Emma asked as she finally found her voice.

Halt told her everything that had happened, and why they had to keep the girl a secret. Emma just looked at the little girl astonished at the story she had just been told. So, are you going to look after her Halt?" Emma asked. Halt thought about it for a moment and looked at the little girl still in his arms and said yes.

"Ok, if your going to raise her she's going to need a name." Emma said Halt looked at her for a moment then at the little girl, her brown eyes staring at him. Halt finally looked up and told then the girls new name.

"Her name is Nyx."